2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Well Matt Ryan sucks, so that was a good move. Marcus Brady sucked at his job too, so good move. If coaches don't agree with good moves, idk what to tell them. 

"now bringing in Jeff Saturday" meaning what? 

I'm going to push back on you a ton here man, especially given your past defense of Ballard and current unwillingness to say he needs to go. You've very carefully danced around saying that from what I can tell.

Matt Ryan was worlds better than any QB on the roster. Yesterday showed that. Most of his turnovers, the vast majority, were the fault of the offensive line. He had thrown like 3 picks all year that were truly bad on his part, most were due to unblocked defenders or tipped balls. 

I'm not sure how you can say Marcus Brady sucked with a straight face. Coming into the season he was a guy talked about as a future head coach, and he wasn't the person calling plays. Our offense in the one game without him completely regressed.

Now I don't know if those two moves were made by Ballard or Irsay, but either way, neither made our team better. Frank sucked and needed to go, but every move so far from my perspective has been scapegoating the real problem, which is Chris Ballard has built a shitty roster and completely whiffed several times in the past few years. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

We aren't a stable organization and CLEARLY there is an immense amount of incompetence on the staff. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted an "outside" guy to come in and objectivity look at things. Also, Saturday was a decent player... maybe he can help with our issues upfront? I just cannot believe as bad as this has been anyone would think twice about this move. 

I think I would rather have Saturday as HC and Sam at QB then what we started the season with at those spots. 

I mean I agree with this only because I hope we lose out, which we have a decent shot at now.

This is a clown show for the rest of the year. 

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Why do you think it's trending that way? 

Wayne’s been brought back and now Saturday. Irsay has wanted Manning back for a while. I just have a hunch Irsay is going to offer him some onwnership/president of football ops role again in the near future.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

To spend time with kids/family, move on with his career, to not be considered a backup, multiple reasons. 

I wouldn't walk away from that amount of money if I were Matt Ryan.

Maybe if we cut him and he is getting paid anyway, but I'm not letting the Colts off the hook for free. 

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Wayne’s been brought back and now Saturday. Irsay has wanted Manning back for a while. I just have a hunch Irsay is going to offer him some onwnership/president of football ops role again in the near future.

OC/QB coach Manning 

OL coach Tarik Glenn 

WR coach Wayne 

TE coach Clark 

RB coach Edgerin

4 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I cannot see any possible scenario where Irsay would give up any % of ownership. Just my 2 cents, knowing 1 person pretty darn close to the situation.....however the Saints would be an option. Gayle Benson has made succession plans to make sure that any possible owner would never move the team. I could see Peyton stepping in there for sure.

Either way. Just a strange series of moves. Organization has been in chase mode ever since Luck bolted. Maybe Irsay is just finally at the point where he knows once again it's time to tank and find a QB in the draft. Colts aren't beating the Chiefs or Bills or Dolphins for that matter anytime soon. Tank and rebuild, refocus for 24.

PS...if the Colts are in tank mode for my Bears brethren. Buckner would look awesome in a Bears uniform. We have the most cap $, position of need.....and Colts might want to unload his salary.