2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Luck actually being healthy was the big impact. 

And why was he healthy and only sacked 18 times that year? 

Would the draft picks of Nelson and Smith have anything to do with that? Did we get Hines with that trade too? Hines played a big role with Luck. 

I haven't gone back and read everything but tip of the cap to the Bengals. The reigning AFC Champs are quietly just doing their thing. I love the Chiefs but Bengals/Burrow found something vs them. I know Allen gets ton of the Mahomes vs Allen talk (rightfully so he's very good) but that's 3 in a row for Burrows vs Mahomes. Never been done before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I guess a QB just became available for SF because Baker Mayfield was just released

If SF wants to won, they shouldn't even look that direction.  Honestly, when they picked up Josh Johnson, from I forget which teams practice squad, they probably got the best available.

I bet they wish they hadn't released Sudfeld in pre-season.

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

We pretty clearly don't need a LT. Pass rusher? Ehh... maybe, I guess? You have Paye, Dayo.... YN is a FA after this year. 

Yeah I'm not overly worried about our defense, it's been really good. Last night it held up just fine until the turnovers blew the game open. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I truly don't see anyway that Matt Ryan doesn't retire. He can't defend himself and as mentioned the arm strength is just absurdly shot. That saves you a $35 million cap hit. Yannick saves you 13 million, but I think we should try and sign YN to a 2 or 3 year deal. 

I mean as much sense as this makes, I think you also mentioned the exact reason he isn't going to retire in your post.

I'm fine bringing him back if we draft a QB high that can be the plan to take over - there's a lot they can learn from Ryan no matter how shot he may be physically. 

21 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I mean as much sense as this makes, I think you also mentioned the exact reason he isn't going to retire in your post.

I'm fine bringing him back if we draft a QB high that can be the plan to take over - there's a lot they can learn from Ryan no matter how shot he may be physically. 

I think it would be worth it to save the 10 million in cap, to cut him. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think it would be worth it to save the 10 million in cap, to cut him. 

I think it depends somewhat on what our approach is moving forward with a new regime - are they looking for a quicker fix and keeping a lot of our quality guys in place, or are we going to accumulate a bunch of assets and really suck next year? 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I think it depends somewhat on what our approach is moving forward with a new regime - are they looking for a quicker fix and keeping a lot of our quality guys in place, or are we going to accumulate a bunch of assets and really suck next year? 

Man.. I still really think he retires. I really do. I get what you're saying about the money, I mean, undeniable how much he'd be leaving on the table... but just, nothing about this situation, to me, seems like he would come back. 

If he does move on, you can just put that money wherever you see fit.... in the short term. Pay for a right guard, use it for JT+Pitts contracts ... etc. 

But-- with Woods, Ogletree, Raimann, JT, Pitt, Paye, Rodgers, Pierce... you have some decent young pieces. I would just take the same team... and put in a rookie QB. I wouldn't necessarily see the disadvantages in that. See how next year goes... and build accordingly. 

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Man.. I still really think he retires. I really do. I get what you're saying about the money, I mean, undeniable how much he'd be leaving on the table... but just, nothing about this situation, to me, seems like he would come back. 

If he does move on, you can just put that money wherever you see fit.... in the short term. Pay for a right guard, use it for JT+Pitts contracts ... etc. 

But-- with Woods, Ogletree, Raimann, JT, Pitt, Paye, Rodgers, Pierce... you have some decent young pieces. I would just take the same team... and put in a rookie QB. I wouldn't necessarily see the disadvantages in that. See how next year goes... and build accordingly. 

If Ryan retires, which is a big IF in my mind, I don't think that's a bad idea to run it back while plugging the holes. 

I do have a bit of nerves of doing that knowing we probably aren't getting one of the top two rookie QBs, but that'll be on whoever the GM is to go get the right guy that can play well if you put him in a good situation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

If Ryan retires, which is a big IF in my mind, I don't think that's a bad idea to run it back while plugging the holes. 

I do have a bit of nerves of doing that knowing we probably aren't getting one of the top two rookie QBs, but that'll be on whoever the GM is to go get the right guy that can play well if you put him in a good situation. 

2023 NFL Mock Draft: Only 3 QBs in Round 1 as teams seek other positions; top OT prospect returns to school - CBSSports.com

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I wish Marvin Harrison Jr. was in this draft because he is the difference maker we need from the WR. Pittman is to slow and can't get much seperation and he is just a possession receiver. Pierce is good on the 50/50 ball but haven't seen him run all the routes and see how he is after the catch.

If he was eligible for the draft. and if the Colts had a high enough pick to get Harrison, the correct move would be to draft a QB.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If he was eligible for the draft. and if the Colts had a high enough pick to get Harrison, the correct move would be to draft a QB.

I have seen to many teams pick a QB just to pick one even if that player isn't worth being picked that high. Look at all the Jets and Browns picks over the years. Besides Stroud and Young there are nonother QB's worth picking in the top 10

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have seen to many teams pick a QB just to pick one even if that player isn't worth being picked that high. Look at all the Jets and Browns picks over the years. Besides Stroud and Young there are nonother QB's worth picking in the top 10

My point is that Harrison Jr. may get picked BEFORE some of the top QBs, depending on team need.

Assume that he was eligible this year.  The Bears dont need a QB, but they sure could use a #1 wide receiver.  They will pick before the Colts.  

On the flip side, if both Stroud and Harrison were sitting there when the Colts picked, they would be stupid to not pick Stroud.  

Of course, all that is hypothetical since Harrison can't declare.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My point is that Harrison Jr. may get picked BEFORE some of the top QBs, depending on team need.

Assume that he was eligible this year.  The Bears dont need a QB, but they sure could use a #1 wide receiver.  They will pick before the Colts.  

On the flip side, if both Stroud and Harrison were sitting there when the Colts picked, they would be stupid to not pick Stroud.  

Of course, all that is hypothetical since Harrison can't declare.

My bad I was going on the premise that Young and Stroud goes 1,2 and if we had the 3rd pick I would Pick Harrison over Levis

6 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I’d bet the GM will be Saturday if he isn’t the permanent HC.