2023 NFL Discussion

rico

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I find myself getting more and more upset about what I witnessed yesterday with Bears. Was talking with friends today....the worst thing that can ever settle in is apathy with a team you follow. I'm dangerously close with this whole operation. I'll never not watch my beloved on Sunday but I'm not going to be scheduling or hosting Bears watch parties until changes are made and sure as heck am not driving up for annual 2 games. 

The sad part is with zero cap space and no first rounder next year. Our biggest assets are our best players. Between now and trade deadline here's what I want to happen. Calll Louis Riddick and hire him as GM. Tell him he could do the MNF gig still if he wants....but we need you hear to identify which players we part ways with. Additionally...bring in a guy like Martz or anyone else who historically knows how to coach QB's. Let them be around Fields instead of the current bald Denny's menu carrying on the sidelines genius who still thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. 

This is the hard part. The biggest return would be to ship Robinson (who won't sign with us after this year), probably Mack....and maybe even Roquan. Those 3 players could return 8-10 picks and at least 1-2 first rounders for the right teams. 

You know you are in trouble when your only move you can make is to elevate a Colts cast off from your practice squad lol.

Not sure what return you get for those guys. NFL trades outside of qbs and young stars rarely return much. Robinson is a rental and Mack is over 30 now with a couple years left on his contract so maybe he will net you a couple picks....maybe  2nd rd pick... maybe but I don't see first rd value AT all. Not now. I'd focus on protecting that young qb. OL/OL/OL

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You know you are in trouble when your only move you can make is to elevate a Colts cast off from your practice squad lol.

Not sure what return you get for those guys. NFL trades outside of qbs and young stars rarely return much. Robinson is a rental and Mack is over 30 now with a couple years left on his contract so maybe he will net you a couple picks....maybe  2nd rd pick... maybe but I don't see first rd value AT all. Not now. I'd focus on protecting that young qb. OL/OL/OL

Plenty of time between now and trade deadline but if a team thinks they are one WR away....or one All Pro Linebacker away...or another guy like Roquan away....they will generate much more than a 2nd round pick. Shoot you could have a team like Cowboys lose Amari Cooper and say we need ARob. What do you want? Or a team like the Chiefs who are signing Josh Gordon today say yep...we'll take ARob. Lots of value out there. Maybe getting closer to what we see in baseball where a team overpays for one guy.

Lots of football to be played but the Bears need to start looking at long term. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I know what you are saying but a Colts cast off came off the practice squad for the Browns and booted 4 FG including a 57 yarder. Old Hot Rod o Fer on 50+

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Plenty of time between now and trade deadline but if a team thinks they are one WR away....or one All Pro Linebacker away...or another guy like Roquan away....they will generate much more than a 2nd round pick. Shoot you could have a team like Cowboys lose Amari Cooper and say we need ARob. What do you want? Or a team like the Chiefs who are signing Josh Gordon today say yep...we'll take ARob. Lots of value out there. Maybe getting closer to what we see in baseball where a team overpays for one guy.

Lots of football to be played but the Bears need to start looking at long term. 

Oh they should but again you are comparing baseball…it just isn’t the norm for football. Also these coaches/gms know their job is on the line. They are admitting defeat and will be out of a job. They have one hope…win now. They will both be fired this offseason unless they show some sort of spark/life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Oh they should but again you are comparing baseball…it just isn’t the norm for football. Also these coaches/gms know their job is on the line. They are admitting defeat and will be out of a job. They have one hope…win now. They will both be fired this offseason unless they show some sort of spark/life.

That's why they need to be fired now to start working on the rebuild, but no way the Bears would do that. Pace and  Nagy are a sinking ship and instead of abandoning them, the Bears organization does nothing. The longer the rebuild is delayed, the harder it will be.

As I said a few weeks ago, I was hoping Dalton wouldn't get hurt because I want Fields nowhere near the field while under Nagy. The Bears need to get Nagy away from Fields as soon as possible so they don't ruin Fields too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yep. Already know all of that. I do know people though...and football is getting closer and closer to baseball every single day. Only difference here is is football ownership is actually concerned. 

I'll say the same thing I said on here as I did last year. No way Nagy and Pace get near my team. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

That's why they need to be fired now to start working on the rebuild, but no way the Bears would do that. Pace and  Nagy are a sinking ship and instead of abandoning them, the Bears organization does nothing. The longer the rebuild is delayed, the harder it will be.

As I said a few weeks ago, I was hoping Dalton wouldn't get hurt because I want Fields nowhere near the field while under Nagy. The Bears need to get Nagy away from Fields as soon as possible so they don't ruin Fields too.

It’s never a good sign during the season you are hoping to fire your coach and gm from week 1 on. Fields can be a good qb but my issues with him at OSU was he hung  on to the ball a long time…he DEFINITELY can’t do that with Chicago. He needs to speed up his decision making but until then you need to give him better play calling to protect him with easy short rhythm passes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Already know all of that. I do know people though...and football is getting closer and closer to baseball every single day. Only difference here is is football ownership is actually concerned. 

MLB needs to be like the NFL.  Not the other way around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

MLB needs to be like the NFL.  Not the other way around.

Agree with that all day too....unfortunately people/players have changed. I don't think we have to worry about NFL going the way of NBA anytime soon but I can see more and more trades happening. I mean the Texans have been rumored to have turned down offers of up to 6 picks for Watson. 6! So who knows what the trade market value is anymore.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Mack will land on a RB-needy team within the week.  Seahawks and 49ers are the leading candidates.

Yep. He was so close to being RB1 before his injury but we all know the rest of the story. Very good back and the two teams you mention would be smart to get him...which of course means he lands in Baltimore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

The Texans have the best point differential in the AFC South at -9.  

Probably could have cashed in if you bet on that before the season started.  

Best to do it now....Titans play the Jets this weekend. Considering how the Jet's have looked and the shut out to the Broncos....I'm pretty sure they are about to change that.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Honestly I can’t blame them. Do Bears fans even care if they move out of Soldier Field?? As long as they continue to honor the name and somehow do an homage to the original would it matter. They need more seating regardless and upgrades….what does Bears fans?

I'm not a Bears fan, but I have been in Chicago a few times on Bears Weekends and/or Monday Nights.  Being downtown when there was a game that day/night was pretty cool.  Yeah, I know they plan on 'building up the area' around the new stadium.  But, it won't be the same.

Downtown sports venues >>>>>>>>>>> than suburban ones.