2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

That’s an interesting take from a guy that claims sitting out a bowl game is “quitting on your team “, or that Andrew Luck “quit on his team.”

I wouldn't agree with it? But it's certainly an option for those that don't like the new rules or regulations moving forward. 

But yeah, both of those examples you named are quitting. Not really sure what you're looking for there. 

Just to be clear

All I was saying was if you are worried about the new rules or regulations moving forward... they do have the option to sit out. The amount of virus spreading that's going to go on in a football game will be minimal, ungodly minimal, so if some individuals are worried about that... they can sit out. 

Not overly sure what's wrong with saying that. Multiple players literally did that exact thing last year. Main reason Marvell Tell got cut from the Colts. 

At least that would be their CHOICE, rather than perfectly healthy, vaccinated, asymptomatic individuals having to sit out games without a choice. Crazy that is policy, currently. 

Edited by btownqb

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I wouldn't agree with it? But it's certainly an option for those that don't like the new rules or regulations moving forward. 

But yeah, both of those examples you named are quitting. Not really sure what you're looking for there. 

Seems you changed your tune to fit the narrative. You believe the circumstances causing someone to sit out a bowl game or the circumstances that led to Luck’s retirement are unjustified, but if a player disagrees with competing against someone who may pass on the virus, and he decides not to play, you appeared to endorse that option. 

Why should the league be putting its players in a position to have to make this decision? Why aren’t they looking out for the greater good? My gosh, it’s a game. Networks will survive. Fans can find other things to do. The league has a responsibility to protect its players and those they come in contact with. 

Off on a tangent, but back to your posts, isn’t quitting, quitting? Regardless of the circumstances?

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Seems you changed your tune to fit the narrative. You believe the circumstances causing someone to sit out a bowl game or the circumstances that led to Luck’s retirement are unjustified, but if a player disagrees with competing against someone who may pass on the virus, and he decides not to play, you appeared to endorse that option. 

Why should the league be putting its players in a position to have to make this decision? Why aren’t they looking out for the greater good? My gosh, it’s a game. Networks will survive. Fans can find other things to do. The league has a responsibility to protect its players and those they come in contact with. 

Off on a tangent, but back to your posts, isn’t quitting, quitting? Regardless of the circumstances?

change my tune? Nah. I can just understand every situation is different. Andrew Luck and the guys not playing in bowl games is literally completely different than maybe having a kid with a immune system issue at home, so then the NFL changes their policies and you don't want to run the risk. You want to categorize that as quitting.. sure, that's your opinion. I would have a MUCH better understanding of that as a teammate than dudes sitting out bowl games or what AL did. 

Jerry Jones literally said that's what the league is moving towards, it's not like I came up with the idea. I just agree with it. 

They are looking out for the greater good by being realistic about the fact that their business isn't really effected by Covid, or that it doesn't need to be as effected. These dudes aren't even sick. If someone had the flu.. would you care if they played? I mean, we celebrated MJ doing that. I believe Brady has mentioned he was sick on one of the SBs he won. We celebrate that, but no no if you get Covid or even deemed a close contact you sit even though you aren't at risk? Makes zero sense. None. 

Now everyone is going to fire back with "yeah but you could spread it to so and so"... and that person's health is their own responsibility, not the responsibility of Jamarr Chase or Micah Parsons or Austin Eckeler. They're literally just trying to do their job. 

How can I get Covid last December, sleep in a bed every night with my wife, and then her employer deem her an "essential" employee and make her go to work, but the NFL can't do that? Absurd. 

Obviously you don't agree with my opinion on AL or the guys sitting out bowls... which is fine. 

But.. hypothetically, if a guy does sit out, would you categorize that as quitting? I wouldn't, its a different scenario. And I don't think you would either, so if you say it wouldn't be quitting and I agree, what are we even discussing? We agree. 

Are we seriously discussing the definition of quitting, when there is zero chance we are going to agree on it? I mean, we can do that. I don't necessarily see the point, but 🤷‍♂️