2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, Hoosier51 said:

The bad thing was there was like 40 seconds on the clock so there was a decent chance for Rodgers to drive down for a FG try and make the 2 point conversion useless.

But.. that would give them even more reason to go for two, right? Why would the Ravens want OT with GB? 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But.. that would give them even more reason to go for two, right? Why would the Ravens want OT with GB? 

To have a chance to win. They are now 2-7 going for it on 2pt conversions this year, i will take my chances in overtime.

He completely took away any chance they had of winning. Maybe GB misses a fg or they turn it over and the game goes into overtime.  With his stupid decision and their success rate on them it was ridiculous.

Edited by Hoosier51

1 minute ago, Hoosier51 said:

To have a chance to win.

They had one play to get 3 yards, right? I guess I don't understand why people are so against that. They practice those situations. 

I'm going for 2, some times for sure. I wish the Colts went for 2 against the Titans. I'm always going to 2 when I'm the underdog and I'm always going for 2 if I'm playing an elite QB. You want them to have less chances to beat you, not more. 

I have no idea of the "advanced metrics" or whatever. But, there's nothing wrong with the decision.. outside of it simply not working. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

They had one play to get 3 yards, right? I guess I don't understand why people are so against that. They practice those situations. 

I'm going for 2, some times for sure. I wish the Colts went for 2 against the Titans. I'm always going to 2 when I'm the underdog and I'm always going for 2 if I'm playing an elite QB. You want them to have less chances to beat you, not more. 

I have no idea of the "advanced metrics" or whatever. But, there's nothing wrong with the decision.. outside of it simply not working. 

That is two of the last three weeks he has done it and failed and cost his team a victory, it was a stupid decision.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

To have a chance to win. They are now 2-7 going for it on 2pt conversions this year, i will take my chances in overtime.

He completely took away any chance they had of winning. Maybe GB misses a fg or they turn it over and the game goes into overtime.  With his stupid decision and their success rate on them it was ridiculous.

Baltimore had all the momentum going for them scoring two TD'S.  With this I would go to OT knowing we have moved the ball at will in the fourth quarter and you stopped Green Bay on their last possession.  Don't put the game on just one two point conversion.

• Like 1