2023 NFL Discussion

rico

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just don't understand the big deal about that stat.  The Colts have swept other divisions before

Tf lol alright man. I woke up, went to Twitter.... saw the post, so I shared it. 

Absolutely 100% won't happen again. My apologies. 

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Was not a criticism of you, more of the guy who felt it was worth posting on Twitter 

I dont think it was truly trying to convince anyone of anything... I think it was just like..  oh wow, that happened, so I'll mention it.  

We play @NE this year. Only team out of that bunch that we play, again. 

On 5/8/2022 at 3:12 PM, btownqb said:

I dont think it was truly trying to convince anyone of anything... I think it was just like..  oh wow, that happened, so I'll mention it.  

We play @NE this year. Only team out of that bunch that we play, again. 

It convinced me of how disappointing the finish to the season was.

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

I heard them talking about this on the radio yesterday afternoon.  And, to top it off, Myles Gaskin is still there.  No way all of these guys stay happy.  I was surprised Michel signed there with as crowded as it is.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I heard them talking about this on the radio yesterday afternoon.  And, to top it off, Myles Gaskin is still there.  No way all of these guys stay happy.  I was surprised Michel signed there with as crowded as it is.  

Very confusing lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Very confusing lol 

Every single one of those guys could be RB1 on most teams....yet since none of them can stay healthy here they are. No way all those guys make the roster. Or maybe it's just a lifestyle signing for a couple of the guys. Hang out in South Beach for a year and look somewhere else the following year?

Was reading a bit last night on Twitter about Deshaun Watson case. Will be deposed again this week with several more days in June. If trial happens that probably wouldn't happen until the offseason again. Unless something drastically changes with Watson, his case.....I think there's a very good chance he plays this entire season. 

NFL doesn't like to hand down penalties before courts do....even with this only being civil.

The Colts are going to end up cutting a lot of good players. The talent infusion Ballard has signed/drafted is incredible this off season. I'm almost as impressed with our undrafted rookie class, as our draft class.

JoJo Domman, Van Demark, and Sterling Weatherford are all 3 guys that "experts" have said are really good signings. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/colts-udfa-rb-labeled-as-teams-free-agent-to-watch

I have read two articles this morning that mentioned we had the best UDFA class. 

At Safety/Hybrid- Blackmon, Willis, Watts, McCleod, Cross, Thomas, Weatherford, Dabo, King--- not all those dudes are making the roster. I know Dabo we get for free since he is from NFLE. Weatherford maybe goes to the PS? I'm not sure. Holy crap we have depth though. 

Colts also just sign 6'8 320lbs Dennis Kelly this morning, as well. He has 51 career starts. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Every single one of those guys could be RB1 on most teams....yet since none of them can stay healthy here they are. No way all those guys make the roster. Or maybe it's just a lifestyle signing for a couple of the guys. Hang out in South Beach for a year and look somewhere else the following year?

I expect you to draft all 4 in our fantasy league this year.  :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I expect you to draft all 4 in our fantasy league this year.  :coffee:

That's the funny part. When I saw the news my first thought was not touching that backfield....but might be worth a flier after round 11 or so. Could be a valuable handcuff in there somewhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-nfl-strength-of-schedule-for-all-32-teams-cowboys-have-it-easiest-rams-facing-toughest-slate/

Don't know if this means anything, as teams can change drastically from one season to the next. But if this is any where near accurate, the Colts have an easier road of having a great record this year.

I am all for "...dark horse Super Bowl contender..."

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, btownqb said:

A doormat on the road to start the season.  Not the best way to kick off the season.  Much more downside than upside to that scenario.  Any home game or a road game against a playoff contender would be preferrable.  

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

A doormat on the road to start the season.  Not the best way to kick off the season.  Much more downside than upside to that scenario.  Any home game or a road game against a playoff contender would be preferrable.  

Absolutely not. Like at all, 5. On the road at Hou is 100% who we wanted.  

• Like 1