2023 NFL Discussion

rico

I love football as much as anyone.  But the way people are freaking out over the schedule just hours before it’s released is straight up bonkers.  Fake Twitter accounts, leaks, total frenzy. 

The NFL is turning this into a circus which they want of course.  

Sit tight for like six hours people, you can see it lol.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Relevance? 

Week 1 is the biggest crapshoot of the whole season.  Teams are at full strength, the opponent's playbook is a mystery, weaknesses have not identified on film, home-field emotion.  Teams are more likely to lose against an inferior opponent on Week 1 than any other week.  

Just now, 5fouls said:

Week 1 is the biggest crapshoot of the whole season.  Teams are at full strength, the opponent's playbook is a mystery, weaknesses have not identified on film, home-field emotion.  Teams are more likely to lose against an inferior opponent on Week 1 than any other week.  

100% 

Most of that is probably true. But we are walking into a season with a new QB, WR2, DE, CB1, DC, etc. We got exactly who we wanted week 1. 

Go whoop up on Hou and Jax the first two weeks, correct mistakes, and get ready for the Chiefs week 3. 

The idea isn't to beat Hou and Jax... if we cant beat them, we aren't any good anyway.  The idea is to be as good as you possibly can be vs the top teams. Two warm ups games should do that. Week 3 in Indy will be bumping. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I love football as much as anyone.  But the way people are freaking out over the schedule just hours before it’s released is straight up bonkers.  Fake Twitter accounts, leaks, total frenzy. 

The NFL is turning this into a circus which they want of course.  

Sit tight for like six hours people, you can see it lol.  

So you're not both watching AND recording?  :panic:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

With the Colts it doesn't matter who we start with since we haven't won an opener since 2013.

But, it does.  You open up against the Chiefs and that might a game you lose anyway.  Open up against the Texans and you could lose a game you should have won.  That's a game in the standings you can't get back.  

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

But, it does.  You open up against the Chiefs and that might a game you lose anyway.  Open up against the Texans and you could lose a game you should have won.  That's a game in the standings you can't get back.  

I don't understand. I want nothing to do with Mahomes week 1. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I don't understand. 

I would rather be 0-1 after losing to the Chiefs than 0-1 after losing to the Texans.  

On the flip side, if I'm 1-0, I would rather it be a win against the Chiefs than one against the Texans.  

Therefore, I would prefer to play the Chiefs on Week 1.

Just my opinion.

Bears 7-5 headed into Week 13. Will fade after that. 

PS....Colts finally get MNF not once but twice. Guess the hotel/convention business stepped aside for the NFL/Colts to allow this. First time I can remember hosting here in town. Plus two other primetime games. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I would rather be 0-1 after losing to the Chiefs than 0-1 after losing to the Texans.  

On the flip side, if I'm 1-0, I would rather it be a win against the Chiefs than one against the Texans.  

Therefore, I would prefer to play the Chiefs on Week 1.

Just my opinion.

Would you rather be 1-0 playing the Texans or 0-1 playing the Chiefs? 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Would you rather be 1-0 playing the Texans or 0-1 playing the Chiefs? 

If that is the ultimate result of both those games, I might as well get th he Chiefs loss out of the way.

Let's ask it this way.

Do the Colts have a better chance beating the Chiefs Week 1 or Week 3?  Hard to say.

However, do the Colts have a better chance to lose to the Texans Week 1 or Week 3?  I can comfortably say that would be Week 1, barring an injury to a critical player.

Edited by 5fouls

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

If that is the ultimate result of both those games, I might as well get th he Chiefs loss out of the way.

Let's ask it this way.

Do the Colts have a better chance beating the Chiefs Week 1 or Week 3?  Hard to say.

However, do the Colts have a better chance to lose to the Texans Week 1 or Week 3?  I can comfortably say that would be Week 1, barring an injury to a critical player.

Week 3 in a landslide. 

Either week we are beating them by 2 TDs. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1