2023 NFL Discussion

rico

4 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

In two key plays in the Bills-Vikings game, the officials screwed up. The big catch along the sidelines by Gabe Davis should have been reviewed, as it was in the last two minutes of regulation. It wasn't, and Buffalo went on to tie the game. The replay ref admitted that, had they reviewed the play, it would have been overturned.

In overtime, the Vikings had the ball first and goal from the two yard line. Dalvin Cook got stuffed for a loss, and after two more unsuccessful tries, the Vikings ended up kicking a field goal. After the game, it was determined that on the Cook run, the Bills had 12 players on the field.

Can you imagine the uproar had Buffalo been able to win that game?

Neither one of those things should EVER happen  On the Davis play, a review should automatically be in consideration in a close game, not for one, but for two reasons.  Possession and In/Out of bounds,  The 12 men on the field is the most basic of all calls for the officiating team.  Absolutely no justification for that.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Okay, I'm absolutely laughing my ass off.  It's been done before, but this one has the best comments I've ever seen for this exercise.  NFL QBs as women.  

https://thechive.com/2022/11/10/someone-turned-nfl-quarterbacks-into-women-and-i-blame-roger-goodell-13-photos/

Saw this on Twitter. It was hilarious!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

Saw this on Twitter. It was hilarious!

I gotta say it.  I'm asking Ms. Burrow out if we ever meet.  And, Rodgers looks like Flo from the Progressive commercials

There are others, both good and bad.  Apparently the images are grouped in fours.  I was just trying to copy Burrow.  

nfl-qbs-women-2.jpg?attachment_cache_bust=4245482&quality=85&strip=info&w=600

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I gotta say it.  I'm asking Ms. Burrow out if we ever meet.  And, Rodgers looks like Flo from the Progressive commercials

There are others, both good and bad.  Apparently the images are grouped in fours.  I was just trying to copy Burrow.  

nfl-qbs-women-2.jpg?attachment_cache_bust=4245482&quality=85&strip=info&w=600

Belichick looked almost identical to Hillary. It was a little frightening.

WOWOWOW. Washington runs it on two straight plays. On third down, Washington drops back to pass and Heinicke takes a knee and the Eagles hit him extremely late and get a 15 yard penalty to extend the drive. That's gonna end the game. Washington keeps the ball and can run out the clock. Washington goes on the road and ends the Eagles perfect season 26-21.

Just now, BGleas said:

The Eagles have gotten absolutely hosed in this game by the refs. Just ridiculous. Two bad personal foul calls and then a clearly missed face mask not called on the Commanders that resulted in a turnover. 

Sure the missed facemask should have been called. But the late hit on Heinicke is definitely a penalty. His knee was down for a good 5 seconds before he's hit. Good call.

Just now, landrus13 said:

Sure the missed facemask should have been called. But the late hit on Heinicke is definitely a penalty. His knee was down for a good 5 seconds before he's hit. Good call.

Graham clearly tried to hold up. Letter of the law i guess the right call, but it was pretty weak.

How about the late hit in the early 4th when the Commanders receiver was clearly, 100% still in bounds?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Graham clearly tried to hold up. Letter of the law i guess the right call, but it was pretty weak.

How about the late hit in the early 4th when the Commanders receiver was clearly, 100% still in bounds?

I didn't see the late hit. I didn't turn it on until about midway through the 4th. I saw a few missed calls for sure. That facemask was obvious and should have been called. The late hit was called correctly imo. Tough way to lose but they come to Indy next week where they'll likely win.

I didn't see the late hit. I didn't turn it on until about midway through the 4th. I saw a few missed calls for sure. That facemask was obvious and should have been called. The late hit was called correctly imo. Tough way to lose but they come to Indy next week where they'll likely win.

Yeah, it was early in the 4th and the Commandars did like a WR sweep and with both feet still 100% in bounds the Eagles hit the runner and they called a late hit. 

I just think the last call was kind of weak. Graham hit him, bit he was trying to hold up and was trying to just get two hands on him. He didn't hit him in the head or anything. 

To me, that should have been like a ref swallowing his whistle late in the 4th of a playoff basketball game. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, it was early in the 4th and the Commandars did like a WR sweep and with both feet still 100% in bounds the Eagles hit the runner and they called a late hit. 

I just think the last call was kind of weak. Graham hit him, bit he was trying to hold up and was trying to just get two hands on him. He didn't hit him in the head or anything. 

To me, that should have been like a ref swallowing his whistle late in the 4th of a playoff basketball game. 

I initially didn't think he was gonna throw the flag. He waited and then Heinicke looked up at him and then he threw the flag. It sucks for sure. I wouldn't have cared if he didn't throw the flag at all. I'd be saying otherwise it was my team though lol.

• Like 1

I initially didn't think he was gonna throw the flag. He waited and then Heinicke looked up at him and then he threw the flag. It sucks for sure. I wouldn't have cared if he didn't throw the flag at all. I'd be saying otherwise it was my team though lol.

It's also very odd, and unexpected for a d-linemen, for a QB to randomly take a knee in the middle of a scramble. 

They were trying to touch him down because he also took the knee very awkwardly. 

• Like 1

Just now, BGleas said:

It's also very odd, and unexpected for a d-linemen, for a QB to randomly take a knee in the middle of a scramble. 

They were trying to touch him down because he also took the knee very awkwardly. 

That's very true. Curious to know if that was planned or not. I thought it was odd that they dropped back to pass there. Most teams run the ball to make the Eagles use their last timeout. Definitely odd.

20 hours ago, btownqb said:

Heck.. the only sack the Colts gave up yesterday wasn't even the OLs "man". JT had Crosby, which he cuts him tremendously well.... but Ryan doesn't get rid of the ball/Raiders MLB does a great job identifying the route combo and blew up PC's route. 

That ball has to go to Granson. 

I disagree. Ryan had pressure instantly from Chandler Jones because Raimann didn't even get a hand on him. It's easy to said he should have instantly hit the check down as soon as the ball was snapped, but we all know the first read isn't the check down.

Crosby got the sack because Jones got the pressure. If Jones is blocked adequately at all we have a first down on that play. 

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Neither one of those things should EVER happen  On the Davis play, a review should automatically be in consideration in a close game, not for one, but for two reasons.  Possession and In/Out of bounds,  The 12 men on the field is the most basic of all calls for the officiating team.  Absolutely no justification for that.

Also an automatic review in OT on the 12 man call.