2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I disagree. Ryan had pressure instantly from Chandler Jones because Raimann didn't even get a hand on him. It's easy to said he should have instantly hit the check down as soon as the ball was snapped, but we all know the first read isn't the check down.

Crosby got the sack because Jones got the pressure. If Jones is blocked adequately at all we have a first down on that play. 

100% on Matt Ryan. You should never miss the wide ass open TE in the flat for a TD. Tom Brady has made that exact read and throw his entire career and you color him the best QB of all time. 

Raimann has his guy 9-10 yards off the LOS. Sure, he doesn't get a huge piece of him, he shouldn't need to. 

9 hours ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, it was early in the 4th and the Commandars did like a WR sweep and with both feet still 100% in bounds the Eagles hit the runner and they called a late hit. 

I just think the last call was kind of weak. Graham hit him, bit he was trying to hold up and was trying to just get two hands on him. He didn't hit him in the head or anything. 

To me, that should have been like a ref swallowing his whistle late in the 4th of a playoff basketball game. 

I agree the last call was weak (so did Aikman). You don't expect a QB on a pass play to just go down like that so you don't stop as fast, but he was trying to hold up. The way Heineke reacted it was like he was looking for that call. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Didn't lol. Unless you consider Chandler Jones running around him 10 yards from the LOS and Matt Ryan running into Chandler as a sack. This is QB 101. HIT THE OPEN GUY!! 

This is 1000% Raiman getting his butt kicked. If Ryan climbs the pocket to avoid Jones he is stepping right into Crosby on the ground.

I mean if you want him to hit his check down .5 seconds in the route then sure, he should have hit Granson, but if Raiman holds his block at all PC has time to run his route. 

Edited by KoB2011

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

This is 1000% Raiman getting his butt kicked.

It's actually on the QB not getting the ball to the proper spot on time. I have watched this replay 100 times and I commented on Lawrence's twitter post. Lawrence is a good dude, but a football guy he is not. 

At the 24 sec spot in this video the ball should already be coming out of his hand. This is really poor job by Matt Ryan, then he doesn't step up in the pocket. 2 costly mistakes. 

Edited by btownqb

35 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It's actually on the QB not getting the ball to the proper spot on time. I have watched this replay 100 times and I commented on Lawrence's twitter post. Lawrence is a good dude, but a football guy he is not. 

At the 24 sec spot in this video the ball should already be coming out of his hand. This is really poor job by Matt Ryan, then he doesn't step up in the pocket. 2 costly mistakes. 

Agree to disagree. He had no where to step up in the pocket and I don't want him throwing to his check down a half second into the route. Regardless of all of that, you can't dispute that Raiman got beat really bad on that play, he barely got a hand on Chandler Jones. How exactly is that good blocking by him? 

48 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Agree to disagree. He had no where to step up in the pocket and I don't want him throwing to his check down a half second into the route. Regardless of all of that, you can't dispute that Raiman got beat really bad on that play, he barely got a hand on Chandler Jones. How exactly is that good blocking by him? 

I have now twice written substantial replies to this post and both times I was signed up while I was trying to submit it. I think if Matt takes a normal drop, BR easily blocks Jones like he did the rest of the game. 

When he originally sets up, he is 9 yards deep and Raimann couldn't be in better position to block CJ. Every other dropback was 6-8 yards... he then takes two more steps back and ends up 11-12 yards from the LOS, for really no reason at all, and that takes away any chance BR had of blocking CJ. 

If Matt hangs in the pocket at 9 yards and moves up in it, even just slightly, BR blocks CJ the same as he had blocked him all game. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I'm trying so hard to not like Taylor Heinicke after he looked like such a tool after that "personal foul" ..... but on the plane home he wore Kirk Cousins outfit while drinking a Busch Light and that just brings back a lot of memories from the ages of 16-23. 

I love the kid....and more importantly at least locally McLaurin finally has a QB looking for him. Will always love Rivera (Bears) too. Easy team to cheer for right now despite the owner.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I love the kid....and more importantly at least locally McLaurin finally has a QB looking for him. Will always love Rivera (Bears) too. Easy team to cheer for right now despite the owner.

Haha I like when I know pro athletes are just dudes like the rest of us. 

You know someone in that organization asked Taylor what beer he wanted on the flight home.... Taylor said I'll just take a cold 30 rack of Busch lattes. That organization member must have been so confused. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Haha I like when I know pro athletes are just dudes like the rest of us. 

You know someone in that organization asked Taylor what beer he wanted on the flight home.... Taylor said I'll just take a cold 30 rack of Busch lattes. That organization member must have been so confused. 

Since it's semi football related. Buddy has a bar in Indy. He put in a golf simulator. Every Monday afternoon if Colts weren't playing McAfee would stroll in with clubs, shorts, tank top, and bang domestic draft beer all afternoon. Occasionally buy the bar a round,etc...awesome normal guy.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2022 at 10:46 AM, Seeking6 said:

Since it's semi football related. Buddy has a bar in Indy. He put in a golf simulator. Every Monday afternoon if Colts weren't playing McAfee would stroll in with clubs, shorts, tank top, and bang domestic draft beer all afternoon. Occasionally buy the bar a round,etc...awesome normal guy.

What bar in Indy has a golf sim? 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

JTs got the Eagles signing DTs left and right! 

Yeah, run D had been suspect since our 1st round rookie from Georgia got hurt. We're 3rd in the league in run D when he plays and something like 29th when he doesn't. 

He's missed the last 3-4 games though will be back this season. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, run D had been suspect since our 1st round rookie from Georgia got hurt. We're 3rd in the league in run D when he plays and something like 29th when he doesn't. 

Yes, I know big Jordan Davis!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BGleas said:

They have signed two DT in last day on Joseph and Suh

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

There's snow and then there is apocalyptic snow.  

I got married in upstate New York in a December blizzard.  30 mph wind and 20 something inches of snow in 36 hours.  Couldn't see the hood of the car on the way to the hotel after the reception.   Winter weather warning lifted an hour before our flight to Mexico.   Never seen snow like it in Indiana,  that's for sure.  

Flew out of Buffalo.

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 1