2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, felt bad for the Colts on that facemask, but definitely wasn't upset about it since we got screwed on one last week in huge spot. 

I think the big things were the Eagles took back control of the line of scrimmage in the 2nd half on both sides, se unfortunate Colts penalties, and then Hurts realizing he was going to have to take over with his legs in the late 3rd through the 4th. 

Yeah agreed. The Colts did a really good job containing Hurts, until they didn’t.

Missed penalty aside because those happen (and that didn’t actually impact the play), the PI on Franklin and the 4th and 2 coming out of the two minute warning were the game IMO. Eagles made plays, Colts didn’t.

Colts offense has to find more ways to move the ball. They have continually let down a very good defense. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Yeah agreed. The Colts did a really good job containing Hurts, until they didn’t.

Missed penalty aside because those happen (and that didn’t actually impact the play), the PI on Franklin and the 4th and 2 coming out of the two minute warning were the game IMO. Eagles made plays, Colts didn’t.

Colts offense has to find more ways to move the ball. They have continually let down a very good defense. 

They have to find away to get their passing game to make more big plays. Our only hig plays come from big runs from Taylor

Good effort by Colts. Another solid defensive showing, but no offensive support. While Saturday has been successful in eliciting some much needed fire out of the team - and that sincerely deserves big kudos after "Flat First Half" Frank Reich - it doesn't solve the problems on our o-line or our un-dynamic offense. That includes Matty-rainbow. Looks like Jack Trudeau from the 1989 Tecomo Bowl's noodle arm.

Edited by D-BONE

1 hour ago, D-BONE said:

Good effort by Colts. Another solid defensive showing, but no offensive support. While Saturday has been successful in eliciting some much needed fire out of the team - and that sincerely deserves big kudos after "Flat First Half" Frank Reich - it doesn't solve the problems on our o-line or our un-dynamic offense. That includes Matty-rainbow. Looks like Jack Trudeau from the 1989 Tecomo Bowl's noodle arm.

Matt just doesn't have it anymore. He has no zip. If he doesn't float that ball to PC, it's a TD. And he's comfortable taking way too many sacks. He doesn't throw the ball away. I know the o-line is bad but he isn't helping.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

They have to find away to get their passing game to make more big plays. Our only hig plays come from big runs from Taylor

I agree - I think it's partly the play calling and partly the offensive line. We don't call a lot that even makes throwing downfield possible which is a shame because we have two guys that I think can go up and get the ball very well. 

I think they must give any other foot a national radio show. Flipping through the radio and on 1430 in Indy I think is a Fox radio show. One guy is an Eagles fan and he and a lot of his friends don't think Hurts is the long term solution. Is he the best passer or QB no, but there are a lot worse QB's to build your team around. As a Colts fan I wod trade QB's anytime

42 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Colts at 14 right now and that tie could hurt their draft position.

Colts games remaining.

Home- Steelers, Chargers, Texans 

Away- Cowboys, Giants, Vikings 

Looking at this schedule I see maybe two more wins

I see 5 losses and a tie.

The media is insane. Last week the ESPN talking heads were debating whether or not Dak was the Cowboys weakest link, and now this week they're talking about how the Cowboys are the best offense in the league when he's healthy and how amazing he is!?!?

Nothing new of course, but just laughable how in-the-moment reactionary everything is. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

The media is insane. Last week the ESPN talking heads were debating whether or not Dak was the Cowboys weakest link, and now this week they're talking about how the Cowboys are the best offense in the league when he's healthy and how amazing he is!?!?

Nothing new of course, but just laughable how in-the-moment reactionary everything is. 

Its allllllll about the QB position. Drives me nuts man. 

And Dak Prescott is VERY good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

It's all about ratings. Talking about the Cowboys, either way, drives ratings. Colin Cowherd said that one time. On his show he's going to talk about the Cowboys, Lakers, Yankees, etc., because they drive ratings. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It's all about ratings. Talking about the Cowboys, either way, drives ratings. Colin Cowherd said that one time. On his show he's going to talk about the Cowboys, Lakers, Yankees, etc., because they drive ratings. 

I used to dislike that guy but he has grown on me in recent years.