Dantonio out at Michigan State

Hoosier76

53 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

That explains the "timing."

I hope any response is heavy handed on their program. Same for Penn State and that IU takes advantage if anything damages them or Penn State . I already appreciated IU having  Coach Allen but never too many reminders of why for me. 

Am I wrongly recalling or did Izzo basically defend Dantonio's character on the record?  Just the side thought that others who appeared to bear responsibility(OF knowing of wrong doing and keeping hush )  were spared when the Nassar charges emerged. Looks like a total fall guy, cover up , damage control job and they appear to have almost pulled it off until the fall guy comes back for revenge. Who didn't see that coming. Dantonio probably did and already had this move planned out. If he didn't expect it this is a knee jerk reaction .Either way it looks BAD on him and Michigan State . and sadly ..yes the B1G . Maryland , MSU , and PSU have been total embarrassments. ALL involved victims. I'm not confident the NCAA would handle it firmly either. For all I would hope is given justice I wouldn't bet a dime on it  being served. 

On 2/5/2020 at 9:44 AM, Andy06 said:

I am hoping for a John L type hire, potentially making 3 easy wins a year in the east. MSU, rutger, and Maryland (I think Locksley can recruit but is a terrible HC).

On one hand, I've always supported the idea that you don't make a weak man strong by making a strong man weak. 

That said, I'm not going to complain if they hire the next John L Smith again either. 

I can't help but wonder about Luke/UC and MSU.  I wonder if Luke was told was possible sanctions might be coming Sparty's way?  I wonder what Fickell thought about MSU having to play PSU/tOSU/UM every year?  According to a lot of accounts Luke really wanted that West Virginia job so that leads me to believe or wonder if UC promised Luke an attempt to join a "Power 5" conference?  I mean the 'Cats are a solid program.  The Big 12?  

3 hours ago, rico said:

Fickell decided to stay with UC.  Bearcat folks are naturally ecstatic.  I guess his son will be a senior on the football team at Archbishop Moeller next year.  Didn't want to force his kids into the move.  Said staying put was best thing for his family.  I respect that a lot.

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

Fickell decided to stay with UC.  Bearcat folks are naturally ecstatic.  I guess his son will be a senior on the football team at Archbishop Moeller next year.  Didn't want to force his kids into the move.  Said staying put was best thing for his family.  I respect that a lot.

I think he will get a shot at another big job soon.  The timing might be better and perhaps he won't be playing PSU, UM, and OSU in his same division (like we do!)

54 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I think he will get a shot at another big job soon.  The timing might be better and perhaps he won't be playing PSU, UM, and OSU in his same division (like we do!)

Well he just turned down a good gig at Sparty.  He is a Columbus native and a tOSU player.  Could be that Notre Dame or Michigan come calling?

2 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Turns out he has five sons (2 sets of twins) and a daughter.  I think it's his oldest boy who's at Moeller.  I agree that other offers/opportunities will come his way in the future.  Seems to know how to coach.

Mel Tucker hired by Sparty in the middle of the night. He initially declined interest but when $ started calling he double backed his thinking. Tucker has had some good stints at places but always seems to be hopping around. Honestly....for the first time I ever I feel like we have a good chance of passing up Sparty in terms of program in next 3-4 years.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Tucker just two days ago told the Denver Post his heart was a Buffalo, and he was not leaving Colorado. Tucker spent one year in Boulder. Racking up a sparkling 5-7 record.

Just checked a Colorado board, and apparently he was on the radio 3 times yesterday talking about how he was committed to Colorado, and he was at a donor event last night.

It's one thing to deny interest publicly, and lay low for a few days before committing to it, but what he did takes it to a whole new level.

Archived