IU Baseball 2020

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Hahaha.. decent chance I'll be solo going to that game. Lady will have softball practice to work. 

Long drive for me bro...maybe some other time we can hook up a game when I am in the "area."  I get down to Monroe sometimes to go fishing.

I was at the game yesterday. We got our asses kicked. Tucker couldn't punch anyone out, our 2 out hitting wasn't good. 

Now.. the positives, beautiful day... HUGE crowd. Obviously the first game was going to be well attended when it was good weather, but I think we are really turning a corner in our baseball program. We aren't the SEC, but man.. I love where we're at as a program. 

Two mid-weeks this week. We need to dominate both. We need a 4-1 week. 

Starting two true FR... John Modugno and David Platt. JM hasn't pitched this season yet. DP is sitting at a 4.70 ERA in 7 innings, he can hum it too. Sits at 93-94 regularly. He threw 30 pitches on Saturday night, so he will probably be limited to 3 or 4 innings. I would say JM has the green light to go as long as he doesn't get into trouble. 

Looks like we will be good to go weather wise for tonight and tomorrow. This coming Saturday doesn't look so good, so I would say we will play a DHer on Sunday vs. Memphis. 

RPI is sitting at 21 currently. Probably would have been like 17 or 18 with another win over SD. Our 5 losses are to #22x2, #30x2, and #6. Quality losses. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Two mid-weeks this week. We need to dominate both. We need a 4-1 week. 

Starting two true FR... John Modugno and David Platt. JM hasn't pitched this season yet. DP is sitting at a 4.70 ERA in 7 innings, he can hum it too. Sits at 93-94 regularly. He threw 30 pitches on Saturday night, so he will probably be limited to 3 or 4 innings. I would say JM has the green light to go as long as he doesn't get into trouble. 

Looks like we will be good to go weather wise for tonight and tomorrow. This coming Saturday doesn't look so good, so I would say we will play a DHer on Sunday vs. Memphis. 

RPI is sitting at 21 currently. Probably would have been like 17 or 18 with another win over SD. Our 5 losses are to #22x2, #30x2, and #6. Quality losses. 

TY...on another note I find it humorous that the rankings don't reflect RPI.  

Frustrating game. Atrocious call to call Ashley out sliding into 2nd base. Would have tied the game. Our timely hitting has to improve. Only two hitters really did their job driving the ball wise last night. SAC Fly and a two RBI triple. 

Finish the week strong. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Plus and minus from the transfer in/out that's swept through the program, including SRs that are staying and FR coming in... 

Incoming/Staying

Macciocchi, Houston, Scott, Hopkins, Jacob Southern (transfer from Jax), Bobby Whalen (transfer from UL), Morgan Colopy (transfer from UC), Craig Yoho (transfer from Houston), and 8 incoming FR. (+12) 

Graduating/transferring out

Hunter Combs, Brant Voth, AJ Hacker, Joe Wilkinson, Cal Krueger. 

TBD 

Grant Sloan (I think he'll move on), Grant Richardson (50/50), Elijah Dunham (not sure), and Cole Barr (I think he'll be back). The last three it depends on if they shorten the draft. If it gets shortened to 10 rounds I believe ED and CB are back for sure. 

• KDB unpinned this topic

Archived