Allen with Latest on QBs

I'm really interested to hear how Tuttle does this spring.  It seemed like there were a handful of games last year when we could have gotten him in to get some actual experience, but we stuck with Ramsey.  Some of our early blow outs, Ramsey already had a couple series, and I was hoping Tuttle would get a shot, but it never came until late in the 4th quarter.  Same with the Michigan game.  I was hoping to see Tuttle get some action when the game was out of reach, but he only threw one pass that game.

I'm hoping the staff was just wanting to get Ramsey extra reps, and it was not because the staff had concerns about Tuttle.  Glad we'll get to see Tuttle and Penix both healthy going into the spring unlike last year when neither one played in the spring game.

24 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I'm really interested to hear how Tuttle does this spring.  It seemed like there were a handful of games last year when we could have gotten him in to get some actual experience, but we stuck with Ramsey.  Some of our early blow outs, Ramsey already had a couple series, and I was hoping Tuttle would get a shot, but it never came until late in the 4th quarter.  Same with the Michigan game.  I was hoping to see Tuttle get some action when the game was out of reach, but he only threw one pass that game.

I'm hoping the staff was just wanting to get Ramsey extra reps, and it was not because the staff had concerns about Tuttle.  Glad we'll get to see Tuttle and Penix both healthy going into the spring unlike last year when neither one played in the spring game.

Just my 2 cents and I know it's different but Peyton Manning always talked about the importance of starting and finishing a game. Same with Brady. Can't help but think it will be very important for IU/Penix to give him start/finish time to build up his confidence in being able to do so. Obviously not the first game Wisconsin....but the following 3-4 games "should" provide some time for backup (s) to play but will be interesting to see how staff handles. I want Tuttle to get reps too but I also need Penix to know/understand the start/finish concept.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just my 2 cents and I know it's different but Peyton Manning always talked about the importance of starting and finishing a game. Same with Brady. Can't help but think it will be very important for IU/Penix to give him start/finish time to build up his confidence in being able to do so. Obviously not the first game Wisconsin....but the following 3-4 games "should" provide some time for backup (s) to play but will be interesting to see how staff handles. I want Tuttle to get reps too but I also need Penix to know/understand the start/finish concept.

Good thoughts and I agree all around.

Archived