Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/17/2019 at 7:51 PM, dgambill said:

Great for her but that is actually easier than a normal dunk. Palming the basketball is what stops a lot of girls I would think. I know I had to do two handed dunks because unless I had a good grip I struggled to palm it especially in a game situation. I found alley oops much easier or Any dunk where the ball is already above the rim. That said hats off..impressive for a young lady still.

Girls hell! Palming the ball is what kept me from dunking much. I’m 6’1” and could get high enough to dunk with one handed, but could rarely hold the ball.

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I keep remembering some folks around here thinking that Holtmann walked on water. Interesting. Home loss, at Rutger, at Iowa, Home loss. Probably time to shut the whole program down, right?

29 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

They sure haven't brought him up in a while.

Lol, I guess if thinking that Holtmann did a better job than Archie last season means you think he walks on water, I’ll show up to “eat crow.”  Regardless, I have no love for Holtmann... Misery loves company.  I wonder if OSU fans have come up with as many excuses and rationalizations for their losing streak as IU fans have?

8 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Lol, I guess if thinking that Holtmann did a better job than Archie last season means you think he walks on water, I’ll show up to “eat crow.”  Regardless, I have no love for Holtmann... Misery loves company.  I wonder if OSU fans have come up with as many excuses and rationalizations for their losing streak as IU fans have?

Not sure on the losing streak part in terms of excuses and rationalizations. I didn't bring that up.  I just brought up Holtmann and his team losing two home games as well as road games to Rutgers and Iowa. With Purdue on Wednesday and trips to Nebraska and Iowa after....this thing could get up to 7 games in a row. Perhaps Holtmann was given a bit much praise/credit last year since he had some talent. 

Maybe we should ask Dakich? He hasn't been bringing Holtmann recently. Can't imagine why not. 

9 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Wait, what? 

Maryland is not good, according to some posters here. 😛

7-1 in conference... not too shabby 

It is funny. 3 point loss on the road to Maryland who is 7-1 and top 20 team ranking wise and our loss is borderline unfathomable.

Like we said after Nebraska game. No shame at all in losing at Michigan or at Maryland. We had 1 horrible game Monday. Nothing we can do about that one now. Win or lose today all I want to see is the right effort. Some of our greatest teams lose at West Lafayette. I'm sure some might focus on 4 game losing streak but 4 games with 3 of those on the road vs good teams would happen to most. Looks and feels bad if it happens....but long season. When the schedule came out we all pointed to this stretch. It's proving to be as difficult as we thought back in October. 

10 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

OSU fans are demanding that  Holtmann be replaced by Urban Meyer

12 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

From what I have seen from Bucknut fans, they are remaining silent for the most part.  They are still trying to figure out how Purdue beat them in football.

32 minutes ago, rico said:

From what I have seen from Bucknut fans, they are remaining silent for the most part.  They are still trying to figure out how Purdue beat them in football.

Yeah, I was gonna say that OSU fans would probably have to care about basketball first to have an opinion on the coach.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

It is funny. 3 point loss on the road to Maryland who is 7-1 and top 20 team ranking wise and our loss is borderline unfathomable.

Like we said after Nebraska game. No shame at all in losing at Michigan or at Maryland. We had 1 horrible game Monday. Nothing we can do about that one now. Win or lose today all I want to see is the right effort. Some of our greatest teams lose at West Lafayette. I'm sure some might focus on 4 game losing streak but 4 games with 3 of those on the road vs good teams would happen to most. Looks and feels bad if it happens....but long season. When the schedule came out we all pointed to this stretch. It's proving to be as difficult as we thought back in October. 

The Maryland loss feels worse than it is because we had such a good first half. Heck we were a banked in 3 pointer by their center from taking it to overtime. Nebraska is a veteran team that plays hard...we just didn’t show up with energy. 3 of 5 losses to top 20 teams isn’t horrible. Maryland May even end up top 15 if their coach doesn’t ruin it for them.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The Maryland loss feels worse than it is because we had such a good first half. Heck we were a banked in 3 pointer by their center from taking it to overtime. Nebraska is a veteran team that plays hard...we just didn’t show up with energy. 3 of 5 losses to top 20 teams isn’t horrible. Maryland May even end up top 15 if their coach doesn’t ruin it for them.

Agree all day. The Maryland loss does sting. Nebraska was unacceptable and we all know that. We'll see what we bring today. Just need to avoid the quick 11-2 runs.

Archived