Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since purdue is a member of the Big Ten conference I feel that I should point out that even though they are looking good right now , they have only played 3 of their 10 Conference games on the road so far ! They are only 1&4 on the road this season ! Go Big Ten Beat those Fartheads !!!!!! P.S. How about the fantastic good news about Race Thompson ???????????

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Holtmann loses his 5th in a row at home to Purdue. Next two are at Nebraska and at Michigan. 

IU and OSUs next wins are likely Rutgers. 

We'll have a shot against UM.  They've looked pretty mediocre the last couple games.  Win Friday and suddenly the season isn't lost.

11 minutes ago, rico said:

Tennessee's Grant Williams goes 23-23 from the stripe and finishes with 43 as the Vols beat Vandy in OT.

That’s a ton of free throws! Reminds me of when Purdue lost to Oklahoma when they had Blake Griffin. Purdue was outshot at the free throw line 46-5. I swear the refs had money on that game. 

53 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

If the Minnesota team that lost to Illinois by 30 last week can play them within a basket at UM last night I see no reason why we don't have a chance in Assembly Hall.  But we probably lose of course.

Actually, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we beat Michigan on Friday.  Would be the most IU thing ever to go on a 5 game losing streak, send the fanbase into a meltdown, and then turn around and beat a top 5 team at home.  We will then proceed to go and get blown out at Rutgers.

Rick Barnes has done a phenomenal job at Tennessee. So many schools like Texas make the same mistake. Think they should and could do better and get rid of a quality coach. Few programs in our own conference like Illinois, Minnesota.....even Iowa to an extent years ago all make the same mistake. Maybe Purdue has made the right call by keeping Painter around even though the results haven't been great.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Rick Barnes has done a phenomenal job at Tennessee. So many schools like Texas make the same mistake. Think they should and could do better and get rid of a quality coach. Few programs in our own conference like Illinois, Minnesota.....even Iowa to an extent years ago all make the same mistake. Maybe Purdue has made the right call by keeping Painter around even though the results haven't been great.

Painter has been building himself a decent (not great) resume the past few years. A couple solid Big Ten seasons with a pair of sweet 16's. Really starting to get hot this season too. 

Will be interesting to see how he does once Carsen leaves, seems like their recruiting hasn't been too good to pair with recent success. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Quite often, if you’re smart and work hard, patience pays off. 

8 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Painter has been building himself a decent (not great) resume the past few years. A couple solid Big Ten seasons with a pair of sweet 16's. Really starting to get hot this season too. 

Will be interesting to see how he does once Carsen leaves, seems like their recruiting hasn't been too good to pair with recent success. 

No way to really know if this is true but in a 4 year cycle the Painter/Purdue way feels like 1 really bad year, 2 years of growth with some great wins and bad losses and by year 4 they have a chance to be really good. No clue if it's true...just what it feels like. 

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No way to really know if this is true but in a 4 year cycle the Painter/Purdue way feels like 1 really bad year, 2 years of growth with some great wins and bad losses and by year 4 they have a chance to be really good. No clue if it's true...just what it feels like. 

Actually he's been better than that recently.

IMG_0874.PNG

1 hour ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Actually he's been better than that recently.

IMG_0874.PNG

Two Sweet 16's and the 4 previous years of first round exits (2nd round noted by Wiki is actually first round), missed tourney entirely, CBI bid......not sure how good of a 6 year record that is actually. Some places he would have been terminated after that 4 year run. 

17 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Since purdue is a member of the Big Ten conference I feel that I should point out that even though they are looking good right now , they have only played 3 of their 10 Conference games on the road so far ! They are only 1&4 on the road this season ! Go Big Ten Beat those Fartheads !!!!!! P.S. How about the fantastic good news about Race Thompson ???????????

No idea where you got those numbers as Purdue has only played 8 conference games. They’ve played 4 at home and 4 on the road. 

Archived