Around the B1G/NCAA

Purdue with a big win. They do seem to match up better with MSU than most teams. That’s a team where everyone knows their role and plays to it. Also Carson if he is on...well he can single handily make a run on his own. Good basketball team. They might struggle next year but that’s a solid team they have this year. Given a good bracket they can maybe get out of the first weekend.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Before people start the slobbering. Let's remember this. Purdue has a history of peaking in January and fading almost choking down the stretch. Let's pump the brakes on Painter being the greatest ever. Call today what it was. A very nice win controlled from start to finish with a veteran team, timely shots and really good defense. No more no less. 

Veteran? 3 of the 9 guys that played today were upperclassmen. 

1 hour ago, HoagieRoll said:

That’s more than just a “nice win”. Also don’t downplay “controlling it from start to finish” when IU has played a full 40 min game just once this year. 

I wouldn’t say Purdue is any more veteran than IU either. This year looks to be pretty much over, but there are many reasons to be questioning if Archie is the man for the job

Edwards-Jr

Eifert-Sr

Cline-Sr

Haarms-Returning Soph with plenty of minutes last year. 

Beating Marquette, Louisville, and Butler aren't fluke. Of course some still discount Crean winning 2 Big 10 titles as luck so I guess anything is possible with our fans. If you think the year is over. Cool. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And those 3 equal 60% of your starting lineup. Name me 5 teams without google that have 60% of starting lineup that are Jr/Sr's. I'll hang up and wait. 

Still, that’s not a veteran team any way you slice it. One of those 3 is a walk-on too. At times, you’ve had adsmany upperclassmen start games as Purdue has with Morgan, McRoberts, and Green. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Please finish the post. Name me 5 teams without google that have 60% of lineup that are Jr's or Sr's?

I just said it.  At times, IU has been one of those teams. Besides, I don’t think you’ll find many people agree a team is a veteran team when 3 of 9 are upperclassmen especially after losing 4 senior starters. That argument doesn’t have any weight.  

Nebraska off the top of my head, I think Northwestern, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Iowa, and Minnesota. 

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I just said it.  At times, IU has been one of those teams. Besides, I don’t think you’ll find many people agree a team is a veteran team when 3 of 9 are upperclassmen especially after losing 4 senior starters. That argument doesn’t have any weight.  

Nebraska off the top of my head, I think Northwestern, maybe Wisconsin, Maryland?

Good game by your Boilers today.

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Nebraska off the top of my head, I think Northwestern, maybe Wisconsin, Maryland?

Nebraska yes. Maryland starts 1 Jr. Rest F/S. Northwestern doesn't matter. Wisconsin starts 2 that are considered upperclassmen. 

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

How is the role Moore is currently being asked to play “completely different” than the role he was initially recruited for?  Archie’s system isn’t designed for a true post player, it’s designed for athletes with length that can move laterally and guard multiple positions, which is exactly the type of player that Moore is/should be.

Agree on the role being asked to play on defense, but not the effort and focus. Do you think a kid that was recruited to "play fast" and jack threes on offense was happy spending most of his time here emphasizing a completely different defense?  Archie has mentioned numerous times how they have spent the majority of their time installing and drilling their defensive system.

I am not happy with the results and, at times, the effort on the court.  The coach does have to deal with the hand he is dealt. He is ultimately responsible and held accountable. Just think the frustration of the current losing streak is causing an unnecessary rush to a final assessment of CAM's ability to be successful here.

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Nebraska yes. Maryland starts 1 Jr. Rest F/S. Northwestern doesn't matter. Wisconsin starts 2 that are considered upperclassmen. 

Oh so only good teams matter? I updated my original post to include Iowa, Michigan, and Michigan State who all start 3 upperclassmen. So basically the majority of the top teams in the conference start at least 3 upperclassmen. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Oh so only good teams matter? I updated my original post to include Iowa, Michigan, and Michigan State who all start 3 upperclassmen. So basically the majority of the top teams in the conference start at least 3 upperclassmen. 

I knew you would eventually get there. 

I don’t get why people keep making excuses...excuses why Purdue wins don’t matter or are less impressive (ending a 21 game conference win streak)...and why us losing isn’t indicative of our coach or players. Fact is Indiana’s program is closer to Illinois than to a blue blood and Purdue’s program is where we need to get to before we can even take that next leap to Michigan/Michigan st in the conference.

Archived