Around the B1G/NCAA

2 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Blame it on the NCAA and their Net system.  It does factor margin of victory into their metrics.  So a 8 point loss is better than losing by 10(they capped the margin at 10 so blowing out or getting blown out doesn't help or hurt you much.   I guess you do have to consider that as a coach now but Buzz probably just should have kept his mouth shut.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Funny part is with updated NET rankings IU gains another quad 1 win for winning at Penn St. So in this rare instance. I agree with NET rankings. Haha

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Blame it on the NCAA and their Net system.  It does factor margin of victory into their metrics.  So a 8 point loss is better than losing by 10(they capped the margin at 10 so blowing out or getting blown out doesn't help or hurt you much.   I guess you do have to consider that as a coach now but Buzz probably just should have kept his mouth shut.

Go Hoosiers!!!

An 8 point loss is better than a 10 point loss, but only marginally. Not enough for Buzz to coach around it.

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

In addition to MSU likely going down, Marquette is getting curb=stomped at home by St. Johns.  Bad night for IU's resume'.  I sure hope Central Arkansas wins.  

Would you prefer us not to have those wins? They'll still be very good come March. Last time I checked Marquette still has 12 minutes to go but even if they lose a win vs Nova at home on Saturday will balance it out. 

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Well that MSU win didnt age well.

Yes. Funny was when Purdue beat them everyone said it wasn’t impressive but then we did then it was a premier win for Archie...now Illinois has and I think it’s clear to see MSU has some serious flaws....ones we usually see in first or second rd of NCAAs past few years. They really miss Langford’s presence in that offense.

41 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yes. Funny was when Purdue beat them everyone said it wasn’t impressive but then we did then it was a premier win for Archie...now Illinois has and I think it’s clear to see MSU has some serious flaws....ones we usually see in first or second rd of NCAAs past few years. They really miss Langford’s presence in that offense.

They will turn it around and the win will be fine.

Sparty will eventually get things turned around and our win and hopefully sweep of them this year will be impressive. With that said...24 turnovers to Illinois? 15 more shots and still lose? Izzo gets ton of credit (rightfully so with his resume) but his teams haven't been to second weekend of tourney since 2015. How long is enough time to say a trend is reality? 

I always dismissed the first 3-4 early exits in tourney towards end of Bob Knight career at IU as no big deal, bad draw, injuries,etc....looking back it was obviously something deeper. Maybe this way for Izzo?

41 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sparty will eventually get things turned around and our win and hopefully sweep of them this year will be impressive. With that said...24 turnovers to Illinois? 15 more shots and still lose? Izzo gets ton of credit (rightfully so with his resume) but his teams haven't been to second weekend of tourney since 2015. How long is enough time to say a trend is reality? 

I always dismissed the first 3-4 early exits in tourney towards end of Bob Knight career at IU as no big deal, bad draw, injuries,etc....looking back it was obviously something deeper. Maybe this way for Izzo?

At the very least I would like the the leeway given to coaches of teams that go on losing streaks after an injury (Izzo and Miles) be given to Miller...There were points of the losing streak where we were without five of our top ten players and somehow that wasn't as big a deal as Copeland going down for Nebraska or Langford for MSU?

Maybe we got used to the idea that injuries were a problem for IU and got tired of hearing about it, but it didn't stop being true...

1 minute ago, mchenry34 said:

At the very least I would like the the leeway given to coaches of teams that go on losing streaks after an injury (Izzo and Miles) be given to Miller...There were points of the losing streak where we were without five of our top ten players and somehow that wasn't as big a deal as Copeland going down for Nebraska or Langford for MSU?

Maybe we got used to the idea that injuries were a problem for IU and got tired of hearing about it, but it didn't stop being true...

Yep. Unfortunately a large % of our fan base remembers a time where we would lose players and didn't matter. Those times are long gone for many just not in our fan base. 

"They're just the guys we knew they were"....... Michigan State.

Amazing how one team (MSU) goes into the tank after losing just one player,  while another team (IU) struggles with multiple players out.  What IF..... IU had just one player go down during our January stretch ?  I guess things would have been completely different, then. 

18 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Amazing how one team (MSU) goes into the tank after losing just one player,  while another team (IU) struggles with multiple players out.  What IF..... IU had just one player go down during our January stretch ?  I guess things would have been completely different, then. 

Even better,....How were the Pacers able to crush the Lakers last night without Vic? What are the Lakers excuses? 

49 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

MSU was 7-1 without Langford before they lost the last two games

Archived