Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Indy1987 said:

Nebraska about to lose their 6th in a row to Maryland@ home.   With the Copeland loss they are bad.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Not even close to the same team without one guy. Looks like another team I know thats had a lot of beat up players.

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

Not even close to the same team without one guy. Looks like another team I know thats had a lot of beat up players.

Yep.  Miles getting some heat for not having a deep bench.

His seat may be getting warm.  A lot of empty seats and the fans left early.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Just now, Indy1987 said:

Yep.  Miles getting some heat for not having a deep bench.

His seat may be getting warm.  A lot of empty seats and the fans left early.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

I was shocked he lasted the whole game. Fernando stomps one of my players and the ref's dont even look at replay i'm going nuts.

14 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Unfortunately a large % of our fan base remembers a time where we would lose players and didn't matter. Those times are long gone for many just not in our fan base. 

Unfortunately, or fortunately I don't remember injuries being an issue with some of the great IU teams. Other than perhaps the greatest team of all the 75 team getting derailed by the May injury! Just saying, history isn't the same as the present.

3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Unfortunately, or fortunately I don't remember injuries being an issue with some of the great IU teams. Other than perhaps the greatest team of all the 75 team getting derailed by the May injury! Just saying, history isn't the same as the present.

I'll always be convinced  Alan Henderson 's knee injury cost us #6 in '93.  That team was loaded.

Go Hoosiers!!!

7 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So can we agree that the 'next man up' mantra has NEVER produced a champion!:cheers:

Those guys sure came close making it to the Elite 8.   That was such a blow losing Al.   But they still just lost the one conference game without him.    

Go Hoosiers!!!

37 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

On a not called goaltending at OSU. Remember it like yesterday. If Chris Reynolds could hit a FT

Made the first missed the 2nd IIRC. Beautiful play setup the free throws to begin with. Ohio St player ran over a screen set by Reynolds. Little foggy but think it's the same game. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Made the first missed the 2nd IIRC. Beautiful play setup the free throws to begin with. Ohio St player ran over a screen set by Reynolds. Little foggy but think it's the same game. 

Exactly. Too bad it was not Graham or Cal to take the charge. RMK said if any other player up there OSU would not have ran that particular play. That is coaching at its finest

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Exactly. Too bad it was not Graham or Cal to take the charge. RMK said if any other player up there OSU would not have ran that particular play. That is coaching at its finest

We had some serious battles vs them. I think it was the following year or 2 years later when Bailey did one of the most situational aware things on the court. Back in the day when the clock ran 5 seconds before in bounding the ball. Ohio St hit a shot to bring it to 1 I think. Bailey grabbed the ball and in the heat of the moment looked at clock and saw 4 seconds and just walked up and down out of bounds and let clock run out. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

We had some serious battles vs them. I think it was the following year or 2 years later when Bailey did one of the most situational aware things on the court. Back in the day when the clock ran 5 seconds before in bounding the ball. Ohio St hit a shot to bring it to 1 I think. Bailey grabbed the ball and in the heat of the moment looked at clock and saw 4 seconds and just walked up and down out of bounds and let clock run out. 

Yes our guys always knew the appropriate action for most situations.  That's why Knight did not use timeouts they knew what to do. To me that showed a ton of faith in your guys.

Crazy story. Burnt my last timeout and told guys after we score knock the ball away in hopes of a delay of game warning to stop the clock . My guy throws the ball 20 rows up in the stands ref calls a T. My rule get a T gotta come out. Unbelievably they miss both FT'S the guy I subbed in stole the in bound pass and hit half court shot to win the game. Straight A student,  newspapers asked him about the last 4 seconds  smart kid says just like Coach drew it up.

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yes our guys always knew the appropriate action for most situations.  That's why Knight did not use timeouts they knew what to do. To me that showed a ton of faith in your guys.

Crazy story. Burnt my last timeout and told guys after we score knock the ball away in hopes of a delay of game warning to stop the clock . My guy throws the ball 20 rows up in the stands ref calls a T. My rule get a T gotta come out. Unbelievably they miss both FT'S the guy I subbed in stole the in bound pass and hit half court shot to win the game. Straight A student,  newspapers asked him about the last 4 seconds  smart kid says just like Coach drew it up.

That’s an absolutely fantastic story!

22 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

That’s an absolutely fantastic story!

The icing on the cake.  Opposing head coach would not shake my hand after game. Sent a. Assist to talk to me to tell me that was Bush league.  I was not quite the well rounded individual that I am today so I sent a not so appropriate message back to him. 

23 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The icing on the cake.  Opposing head coach would not shake my hand after game. Sent a. Assist to talk to me to tell me that was Bush league.  I was not quite the well rounded individual that I am today so I sent a not so appropriate message back to him. 

There are 2 types of people, Cheaters and Losers!

Archived