Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

The icing on the cake.  Opposing head coach would not shake my hand after game. Sent a. Assist to talk to me to tell me that was Bush league.  I was not quite the well rounded individual that I am today so I sent a not so appropriate message back to him. 

Oh geez! As if you told the kid to throw the ball in the stands, good grief. And definitely we all learn as we go through life. :)

24 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Oh geez! As if you told the kid to throw the ball in the stands, good grief. And definitely we all learn as we go through life. :)

I really didn't mind. Did not like the guy before the game and even less after. 

Barking Dog to score on an OB play that"s bush league. Lining up at wrong end to start 3rd quarter to trick other team into 2 easy points, Bush league.  Finding a way to get the clock stopped with less than 5 sec. that"s coaching. 

43 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I really didn't mind. Did not like the guy before the game and even less after. 

Barking Dog to score on an OB play that"s bush league. Lining up at wrong end to start 3rd quarter to trick other team into 2 easy points, Bush league.  Finding a way to get the clock stopped with less than 5 sec. that"s coaching. 

Can you elaborate on the Barking Dog play?

:coffee:

7 minutes ago, IUaic said:

Can you elaborate on the Barking Dog play?

:coffee:

Yes sir.  Get in box formation when taking it out under your own basket. Guy opposite the ball on bottom at the block, gets down on all 4's and begins barking like a dog. Everyone stops to look you in bound to guy on ball side block for layup. Seen it a few times in middle school and on tape once in high school game. IMO bush league.

A different version of the same stupid play

Here is the 1993 CNN sports play of the year from Washington Catholic. 

As much as many here denigrate Wisconsin, and I dislike them as well, they play solid , fundamental basketball. Great team and ball movement, pretty disciplined, don’t make a lot of mistakes.

At the beginning of the year most here predicted that they would be horrible, yet here they are at 17-6, rated in the top 16 by the NCAA, and giving Michigan all they can handle on the road 

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

As much as many here denigrate Wisconsin, and I dislike them as well, they play solid , fundamental basketball. Great team and ball movement, pretty disciplined, don’t make a lot of mistakes.

At the beginning of the year most here predicted that they would be horrible, yet here they are at 17-6, rated in the top 16 by the NCAA, and giving Michigan all they can handle on the road 

Someone got the memo that Wisconsin does actually foul. Quite a bit actually. Happ and Davission on bench with 3 each early in 2nd. With that said....still a close game. Stat I just saw on twitter. Beilein is 5-17 vs Wisconsin. 

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

#11 ranked team, hard to question what Buzz is doing.

I usually just let this stuff slide. All I was saying is for the 2nd straight game he's calling timeouts to manipulate the NET rankings. Was it really imperative for you to slide in with that comment? Not sure how it's constructive conversation. Maybe just me. 

Archived