Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

Just seen the video clip of that.  Absolutely one of the worst calls I have ever seen.  Pitiful.  We got flopping and piss poor officiating.  

Little Ricky had a right to be pissed. If the Nebraska shooter goes straight up and shoots, it may have produced the same result, but after jumping into Coffee, he deserved a no-call airball.  It wouldn't have been popular with the home crowd, but it would have been right. Just gutless officiating that will encourage more flopping and jumping into the defender.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Little Ricky had a right to be pissed. If the Nebraska shooter goes straight up and shoots, it may have produced the same result, but after jumping into Coffee, he deserved a no-call airball.  It wouldn't have been popular with the home crowd, but it would have been right. Just gutless officiating that will encourage more flopping and jumping into the defender.

Yeah it was a bad call....to be honest, in my day that would have been a charge.  The offensive player initiated the contact.

10 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/02/13/think-the-pac-12-networks-are-struggling-with-audience-and-revenue-the-reality-might-be-worse-than-you-imagined/

A little OT, but I thought this was interesting when you consider how well the BTN and the SEC Network are doing.  The PAC 12 is just a mess in both major sports right now.  Oregon in 2017 is the only team to make the Final Four in the past decade, and they’ve been shut out of the CFP for the past 4 years since Oregon made the first championship game back in 2015.  And in basketball this year, Washington is the only team in the Kenpom top 50 at #36.  Not good.

Clay Travis dove into this yesterday. Each school got like $2.6M last year. Doesn't each Big10 school get $45M per year? That whole conference has just tanked. 

9 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Basically that the PAC 12 network is making its member schools no money... Taking into account the cost of buying back TV rights from local providers so the PAC 12 Network can have the rights to all the games, schools like UCLA and Cal are netting less than $1M per year in TV revenue.  

“The Big Ten and SEC networks have three or four times the audience of the Pac-12 Networks and are believed to generate three or four times the revenue for the schools, as well.”

I use to get the Pac 12 network on Xfinity but now it has been taken off of my sports package.

7 hours ago, Muckraker said:

I realize the charge/blocking call is hard to make, but it seems like the refs get it wrong more than they get it right. 

Yeah, it can be a difficult call to make.  But in that game last the ref should have absolutely swallowed the whistle...it cost Minny the game.  

3 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

That pee yew is 3&5 on the road this year and they have Four more road games !! Michigan State is 7&3 on the road this year and they just have Two more road games ! Michigan is 5&3 on the road this year and they just have 3 more on the road this year !! Muck turdue !

2 of those 5 losses weren't in conference so not sure why you're mentioning those (one was to a ranked Florida State team and the other was to Texas).  The 3 conference road games we've lost were to Michigan, MSU, and Maryland.  Michigan and Michigan State have played easier schedules than Purdue this year.  Not sure why you keep harping on this.    

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

2 of those 5 losses weren't in conference so not sure why you're mentioning those (one was to a ranked Florida State team and the other was to Texas).  The 3 conference road games we've lost were to Michigan, MSU, and Maryland.  Michigan and Michigan State have played easier schedules than Purdue this year.  Not sure why you keep harping on this.    

You have been around long enough...you know why.  LOL

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Oh I know why.  Just trying to understand what goes on in his head.  I don't think it's possible for him to ever say anything positive about Purdue.

I for 1 can say something positive about Purdue.  I am absolutely POSITIVE that I cannot stand looking up at them in the standings any more.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I use to get the Pac 12 network on Xfinity but now it has been taken off of my sports package.

Weird.  I dropped the sports package from Xfinity, when they dropped the Big Ten Network from it, in the West.  That's when I signed up for Hulu in order to get the Big Ten Network. I did not drop Xfinity, when they picked up the Big Ten Network again, since they put it back on the sports package, and I could get the Big Ten Network on Hulu. Having said all that, I get the Pac 12 Network on Xfinity, as a regular channel, not on the Sports Package.  Yet, Hulu does not have the Pac 12 network.

I think some of it has to do with what they Xfinity calls a "footprint."

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Weird.  I dropped the sports package from Xfinity, when they dropped the Big Ten Network from it, in the West.  That's when I signed up for Hulu in order to get the Big Ten Network. I did not drop Xfinity, when they picked up the Big Ten Network again, since they put it back on the sports package, and I could get the Big Ten Network on Hulu. Having said all that, I get the Pac 12 Network on Xfinity, as a regular channel, not on the Sports Package.  Yet, Hulu does not have the Pac 12 network.

I think some of it has to do with what they Xfinity calls a "footprint."

I also lost ESPN Classic as well

Archived