Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, dgambill said:

Suddenly UK is looking like a title contender...March is just around the corner and Cal has his players playing tough defense and they look very improved. As long as Cal doesn’t mess it up they should be a FF team.

Helps when you have 4-5 NBA level guys on a team if not more. Not just 1. 

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Toughest schedules in the country? C'mon Illini fan showing up right now? Give me a frickin break. Home Georgetown, Maui you knew the beatings were coming, ND and UNLV loss....please tell me when you get to the part about scheduling the toughest schedules in the country. 

With that said. Ayo is playing well and others are coming on....but please don't show up here posting this crap. Reminder. Illinois is 10-15. Not 18-7. 

Posting crap? WTF? I'm just pointing out why "he'd be 12-2" wasn't realistic with that schedule and such a young team. SOS is #5 on kenpom, so again, not "crap", just facts.

1 minute ago, BruceDouglas said:

Posting crap? WTF? I'm just pointing out why "he'd be 12-2" wasn't realistic with that schedule and such a young team. SOS is #5 on kenpom, so again, not "crap", just facts.

I took issue with the timing of your post. An Illini fan showing up during an IU beating on our board to me seems well....rather Illinois/Purdue fan like. Kudos to Underwood for turning things around these last 30 days. Knowing several Illini fans I know they all wanted him gone in early January. Player suspensions, recruiting mistakes, coaching gaffes, transfer rumors....amazing what a few wins does, right?

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I took issue with the timing of your post. An Illini fan showing up during an IU beating on our board to me seems well....rather Illinois/Purdue fan like. Kudos to Underwood for turning things around these last 30 days. Knowing several Illini fans I know they all wanted him gone in early January. Player suspensions, recruiting mistakes, coaching gaffes, transfer rumors....amazing what a few wins does, right?

OK, can understand why you wouldn't have been in a great mood. Yeah, big ebb and flow this season, a lot can change in a few weeks. IU going through rough times now instead, but that can change, too.

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

MSU goes on a huge run to down OSU, maintaining a 3 way tie atop the B1G. Luckily for Purdue, MSU and Michigan still have two games to play against each other. Need one team to sweep those matchups.

Normally Purdue related three ways involve cattle.  :coffee:

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Helps when you have 4-5 NBA level guys on a team if not more. Not just 1. 

Also when you have kids come back...let’s be real their two best players is one that came back in Washington and has really improved his game across the board..the other is a grad transfer that led his conference in double doubles I believe. Johnson is good and a one and done but let’s be real Herro will be back and I would think Hagans too. This team isn’t his typical one and done squad. Plus he got Green to transfer to help the chemistry of his team...he has done a lot this year different. 

It's not just IU that is struggling now. Sean Miller just lost his 7th game in a row, in Boulder.  First time since 1983, that Arizona has lost 7 in a row.

By the way.... and ironically.... it was McKinley Wright (who committed to Archie at Dayton) for Colorado who did major damage to Arizona, Sunday night.

Lastly.... the Buffs on a five game roll.  Last time that happened was when they were in the Big 12. 

Was watching a couple games last night and caught end of Illini at Wisconsin. Game went as about expected. Foul discrepancy in favor of Wiscy. Illinois missed a few layups in crunch time or they could have won. The biggest thing for me though was the use of Ethan Happ. He only had 6 points but the biggest thing was he sat the final 4 minutes of this game. More than likely because he stinks at free throws. That in of itself is something to really watch. Another thing though. All Conference player being benched did he sulk? Nope. Was up cheering for his teammates, calling out plays, helping guys. Maybe a few of our guys should take notice. 

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

So wrapped up in our deal looks like I missed a couple of close ones last night. Bohannon couldn't hit another hail mary and Maryland wins at Iowa and just down the road for some reason Iowa St can't win at home. 

The two shots Iowa had at the end against Maryland that missed would have absolutely gone in against us ... probably after bouncing off the backboard and rim a few times.

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

How long until Drew is on the hot seat? I feel like coaches get a longer leash at Vandy more than other places. Not an easy place to win at. 

Good question.  TBH...I find it hard to believe Drew even took the job.  A place where coaching careers go to die.

Archived