Around the B1G/NCAA

Just food for thought. When a player buys their own insurance the benefit is received tax free. When universities pay for it (like Duke did for Zion) it's taxable to recipient. Numbers flying around this morning is Duke paid $50k for $8M loss of value policy on Zion. In other news....Nike shares are down 2% before markets open after shoe explosion last night. 

Somewhere in the world right now there is girl or guy who made the shoe who has probably been a train wreck since that shoe exploded last night. Nike will have some serious questions to answer. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Anyone catch the former prez in attendance at Duke game last night? How cool would it be to have a POTUS at your schools' game?

Instead we get Johnnie Melancamp...

I'll take Mellencamp and the flavor of the year all day long over a President for a one time game. I know he's back with Meg now but to me Mellencamp and his simple Southern Indiana roots is an IU ICON. 4 pack a day simple guitar player who still calls Bloomington home. All Day Long. Here's a photo when we brought Brinkley to her first game. 

Mellencamp.jpg

52 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll take Mellencamp and the flavor of the year all day long over a President for a one time game. I know he's back with Meg now but to me Mellencamp and his simple Southern Indiana roots is an IU ICON. 4 pack a day simple guitar player who still calls Bloomington home. All Day Long. Here's a photo when we brought Brinkley to her first game. 

Mellencamp.jpg

Besides. Obama never had a song like this one :

John Mellencamp - Small Town

Made me think of the Starlite in the above video.  I remember going there as a student in the late 1960's

Surprised it is still going.

Starlite Drive-In of Bloomington

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Mellencamp.jpg

Well said. Just saw his show last night. Still a great performer, and still writing thought provoking songs with a lot of depth. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Mellencamp.jpg

I’m still mad he and Elaine divorced. She moved away and stopped working out at the gym I went to.  You’d be surprised how much more you bench and squat with a super model walking around the gym.

Just now, southsidehoosier said:

I’m still mad he and Elaine divorced. She moved away and stopped working out at the gym I went to.  You’d be surprised how much more you bench and squat with a super model walking around the gym.

Amen! 

I was lucky enough during Crean's first 3 years (because no one wanted tickets) to sit near him twice. I go to use the bathroom there around the corner at half and he's 3 urinals down and I'm sitting there going.....what to do what to do....all we did was nod and move along.  I think that's part of the allure and the love we have for a guy like Mellencamp. He's actually just one of us. Loves his hoops. 

Just now, RJPaisley said:

Does he still come to the games?

Every year for decades. Haven't seen him much this year but tour and engagement with Meg Ryan might keep him away. I always thought it was awesome when she and Brinkley for that matter would post on Insta or elsewhere photos during the winter from Lake Monroe. I'm like...good for him. You want me you get the whole package. Lake Monroe living instead of Manhattan. 

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Amen! 

I was lucky enough during Crean's first 3 years (because no one wanted tickets) to sit near him twice. I go to use the bathroom there around the corner at half and he's 3 urinals down and I'm sitting there going.....what to do what to do....all we did was nod and move along.  I think that's part of the allure and the love we have for a guy like Mellencamp. He's actually just one of us. Loves his hoops

And he probably appreciated that interaction more than any of us could realize. If you're recognized 24-7, it's probably a pleasure just to take a normal leak at a ball game.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Every year for decades. Haven't seen him much this year but tour and engagement with Meg Ryan might keep him away. I always thought it was awesome when she and Brinkley for that matter would post on Insta or elsewhere photos during the winter from Lake Monroe. I'm like...good for him. You want me you get the whole package. Lake Monroe living instead of Manhattan. 

Yeah, John is my kind of guy.  Another Hoosier Legend brought to you with pride from Farm Bureau Insurance.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Mellencamp.jpg

Good God Almighty.... She is smoking hot for 65.

And I've seen 65 year olds that have had extensive cosmetic surgery. Ain't a damn one of them in the same universe as Christie Brinkley.

9 minutes ago, Muckraker said:

HSN. Thank you for the warning points. As one whose family has a long history of service to this great nation, to protect the rights of it's citizens to speak and live in freedom, I consider it a badge of honor to be punished for speaking my mind. No hard feelings.. GO HOOSIERS! 

Remember this "Grasshopper".

"Riding a dog like a horse is frowned upon in this institution."

But who wants to be stuck in an institution anyway?  LOL

Archived