Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

I’m still mad he and Elaine divorced. She moved away and stopped working out at the gym I went to.  You’d be surprised how much more you bench and squat with a super model walking around the gym.

Me too. I used to wait tables at Colorado Steakhouse and Elaine would come in 3 or 4 times a week with Bill Cook and Her father in law.  She was very easy on the eyes very polite and a great tipper.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Has the regular season Big 10 champ ever lost in first round of NCAA tournament?

Interesting question, off the top of my head the answer is no.

But in '79, there was a 3-way tie for 1st.  MSU, Iowa, and Purdue.  The Boilers didn't get an invite to the NCAAT.  The Boilers finished #15 in the final poll that year.

Edit: I went back and looked at that season, Iowa lost their first game in the Dance.

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

Michigan won the Big Ten (tied for first) in 11-12 and lost in the first round. 

Thanks. Not just the Big 10 but I see so much up and down as well as poor play I could see a conference champ (including Sparty or Purdue if they win) getting knocked out in first.

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Tennessee just lost at LSU the same way we lost at Arkansas. Brutal for them.

That was a great game to watch until the last two minutes of the game when they had like 5 reviews in 6 possessions.  Both of those team will be enjoyable to watch in the tournament and will be a hard out for anyone.

Archived