Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

That hardly matters now. The plug was pulled several games ago.

I beg to differ.  Considering some of the tier one wins IU has pulled off this season.  Sure there is work left to do.  And time is getting short.  Perhaps the best thing about possibly having to play the most games in the BTT, is that IU will have more opportunities to up their wins total, not to mention what could happen down the stretch in the regular conference schedule.  You may have written IU off already.  And I can appreciate why you feel that way.  In my case, I have not put them in the coffin just yet. 

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I beg to differ.  Considering some of the tier one wins IU has pulled off this season.  Sure there is work left to do.  And time is getting short.  Perhaps the best thing about possibly having to play the most games in the BTT, is that IU will have more opportunities to up their wins total, not to mention what could happen down the stretch in the regular conference schedule.  You may have written IU off already.  And I can appreciate why you feel that way.  In my case, I have not put them in the coffin just yet. 

I am with you young man.  Win out and make the semis or the finals of the BTT and we are in the discussion.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I beg to differ.  Considering some of the tier one wins IU has pulled off this season.  Sure there is work left to do.  And time is getting short.  Perhaps the best thing about possibly having to play five games in the BTT, is that IU will have more opportunities to up their wins, not to mention what could happen down the stretch in the regular conference schedule.  You may have written IU off already.  And I can appreciate why you feel that way.  In my case, I have not put them in the coffin just yet. 

Barely a pulse imo.  If IU wins out, and loses in the B1G tourney final, we would likely be the first at-large team in with 15 losses.  Possible, takes a slightly improbable run, and some help from the committee.  But yes, there is a chance, albeit a small one.

42 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Pretty good game right now between the league's two best teams. MSU up 34-32 on Michigan late first half.

We are not getting in with 15 losses, regardless of how many wins we have.  An at-large has never got in with more than 14.  We have 14 now which means we cant lose again which means we must win the BTT.

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We are not getting in with 15 losses, regardless of how many wins we have.  An at-large has never got in with more than 14.  We have 14 now which means we cant lose again which means we must win the BTT.

And history is written every year.  But winning the BTT would be the sure thing.

35 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

A whole different system now. What they look at has changed. But I agree we wont get in.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

On CBS pre game they were talking about whether they should take team from the major conferences who can't even finish .500 in conference over mid major teams who lose their conference tournament.  My feeling teams like IU or Alabama and other teams from major conferences shouldn't be considered if they have below .500 record in conference.  Seth Davis thought they should make that a criteria to get an at large bid and I totally agree wit that.

56 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

Barely a pulse imo.  If IU wins out, and loses in the B1G tourney final, we would likely be the first at-large team in with 15 losses.  Possible, takes a slightly improbable run, and some help from the committee.  But yes, there is a chance, albeit a small one.

Well, well,  well.Michigan State just kept our pulse running on Sunday, by beating Michigan while on the road. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

On CBS pre game they were talking about whether they should take team from the major conferences who can't even finish .500 in conference over mid major teams who lose their conference tournament.  My feeling teams like IU or Alabama and other teams from major conferences shouldn't be considered if they have below .500 record in conference.  Seth Davis thought they should make that a criteria to get an at large bid and I totally agree wit that.

I ask... how many years have we seen this many quality BIG teams.... from top to bottom ?  My answer : Never.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I ask... how many years have we seen this many quality BIG teams.... from top to bottom ?  My answer : Never.

Actually I only see 4 or 5 quality teams and the rest are very mediocre at best.  I know you are old enough so how do you not remember the big ten from around 86-93 who had a lot more quality teams than we see today.  Just because the records are somewhat even does not mean there is a lot of quality teams.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Actually I only see 4 or 5 quality teams and the rest are very mediocre at best.  I know you are old enough so how do you not remember the big ten from around 86-93 who had a lot more quality teams than we see today.  Just because the records are somewhat even does not mean there is a lot of quality teams.

Time for you to get some new glasses.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Time for you to get some new glasses.

Besides the top 5 teams in the big ten they are all very mediocre at best and I still think that teams in mid major leagues should get in before the 7th or 8th place team in the major conferences.  I guess my definition of a strong conference is different than yours. but that is alright.  So you are telling me teams like OSU, Mnnesota, Iowa are really top flight teams in the country.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I respectfully disagree.  When have we ever seen the likes of Northwestern or even Penn State have the ability to knock off any other team in the BIG ?  And that's not even considering the two newbies to the BIG.  Maryland and Rutgers.

And since you referred to my age..... there was a time when Wisconsin was the laughing stock of the BIG.... and IU ran a series of wins against them that lasted for years.

Archived