Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Scratching my head over some of the recent posts ? Muck pee yew !

I think Karma is coming back full force over the laugh at Purdue thread which I was very active in as were many others.Cuss out Haarmes= game winner.  Unfortunately I see this playing out that we beat MSU and help give PU at least a share of the title. To top everything else off for us this is the year that they make it to the FF. 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think Karma is coming back full force over the laugh at Purdue thread which I was very active in as were many others.Cuss out Haarmes= game winner.  Unfortunately I see this playing out that we beat MSU and help give PU at least a share of the title. To top everything else off for us this is the year that they make it to the FF. 

I about peed myself when I saw Purdue and final four in the same sentence.  I was 9 years old the last time Purdue made the final four so they might be due but I doubt it.  actually Purdue has not played that well the last few games but have been able to pull out wins because their schedule has been so weak.

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Purdue should hope they lose the first game of the BTT. If not, the Sweet 16 is the ceiling and they may not get past the round of 32.

Over the last four games, Edwards has shot 21 for 78 (27%). The last two games, he's 7 for 40 and 1 for 20 from three.

If he isn't rested and doesn't have his legs, they aren't going anywhere.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I about peed myself when I saw Purdue and final four in the same sentence.  I was 9 years old the last time Purdue made the final four so they might be due but I doubt it.  actually Purdue has not played that well the last few games but have been able to pull out wins because their schedule has been so weak.

Gotta be in it to win it and that group of no talent poor coached losers will be in while we are on vacation. Its all about the draw and with little prep time anyone can beat anyone. I just have a real bad feeling about this year,not just our record but that this might just be their year to make a run.

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Gotta be in it to win it and that group of no talent poor coached losers will be in while we are on vacation. Its all about the draw and with little prep time anyone can beat anyone. I just have a real bad feeling about this year,not just our record but that this might just be their year to make a run.

I just don't see them getting past the sweet 16 unless some major upsets happen in their bracket.  I just don't see them matching up well with any of the top 8 teams in the country and those would be the teams they would have to play in the sweet 16

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just don't see them getting past the sweet 16 unless some major upsets happen in their bracket.  I just don't see them matching up well with any of the top 8 teams in the country and those would be the teams they would have to play in the sweet 16

I didn't see us being where we are but that is why you play the games. Like it or not they are finding ways to win games and the right draw is all you need. When we lost to Syracuse, when that bracket came out I feared Syracuse but felt that we could have gone all the way if we had almost any other match up . 

54 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Purdue has one of the hardest schedules in the country (top 10 by multiple sources).  Can you elaborate on your comment? If you mean that we played the harder games earlier in the conference, then yeah I'd agree.  But overall, it hasn't been an easy schedule.  We played at Michigan, MSU twice, at Wisconsin, Minnesota twice, Maryland twice, etc...

41 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Purdue should hope they lose the first game of the BTT. If not, the Sweet 16 is the ceiling and they may not get past the round of 32.

Over the last four games, Edwards has shot 21 for 78 (27%). The last two games, he's 7 for 40 and 1 for 20 from three.

If he isn't rested and doesn't have his legs, they aren't going anywhere.

???

21 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Purdue has one of the hardest schedules in the country (top 10 by multiple sources).  Can you elaborate on your comment? If you mean that we played the harder games earlier in the conference, then yeah I'd agree.  But overall, it hasn't been an easy schedule.  We played at Michigan, MSU twice, at Wisconsin, Minnesota twice, Maryland twice, etc...

I am not talking abouut the whole schedule but said the last 4 game where they have played well so you need to have better reading comprehension.  I know you have to be on here all the time taking up for you boilers so you might gloss over the important things so you can make your point.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I am not talking abouut the whole schedule but said the last 4 game where they have played well so you need to have better reading comprehension.  I know you have to be on here all the time taking up for you boilers so you might gloss over the important things so you can make your point.

1. You never specified you were talking about the last 4 games. 

2. You contradicted yourself by saying they didn’t play well in another post but in this post you said they did play well. 

Maybe clarify next time. For the record, I don’t think Purdue played poorly against Nebraska. Carsen did but plenty of guys showed up. 

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Some of you "Purdue Haters" just don't get it.  The Boilers won last year and they are winning again this year.  Is that a difficult concept to understand?  The constant beating on them is getting old in my book.  We need to put up or shut up.  Right now we ain't putting up...oh and they beat us twice.

19 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

2. You contradicted yourself by saying they didn’t play well in another post but in this post you said they did play well. 

Maybe clarify next time. For the record, I don’t think Purdue played poorly against Nebraska. Carsen did but plenty of guys showed up. 

I so badly want to say your team sucks and we are better, but I cant. I can admit when I see good basketball and like it or not PU is playing good basketball.  CMP does a good job of getting a lot out of what he has. That is not a knock. He recruits kids that fit his system and I hope that we get there soon. I love watching screens being set on offense. I dislike Purdue a ton but I could see them making a serious run

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I so badly want to say your team sucks and we are better, but I cant. I can admit when I see good basketball and like it or not PU is playing good basketball.  CMP does a good job of getting a lot out of what he has. That is not a knock. He recruits kids that fit his system and I hope that we get there soon. I love watching screens being set on offense. I dislike Purdue a ton but I could see them making a serious run

And in rushes HTD to those comments!!!!  LOL

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Don’t disagree with anything you said. I could see us making a run or could see us getting knocked off early too. Not a lot would surprise me in the tournament with this team. 

25 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Purdue has not played that well the last few games but have been able to pull out wins because their schedule has been so weak.

Looks pretty specific to me

25 minutes ago, rico said:

Some of you "Purdue Haters" just don't get it.  The Boilers won last year and they are winning again this year.  Is that a difficult concept to understand?  The constant beating on them is getting old in my book.  We need to put up or shut up.  Right now we ain't putting up...oh and they beat us twice.

Where did I say they weren't winning just stating the last few games they have not played well but still won because they were playing a weaker schedule.  I just don't see how they are playing right now that they will get past the sweet 16 so how is that hating on them.  Also as any IU fan that s our right to hate on Purdue no matter what.

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Where did I say they weren't winning just stating the last few games they have not played well but still won because they were playing a weaker schedule.  I just don't see how they are playing right now that they will get past the sweet 16 so how is that hating on them.  Also as any IU fan that s our right to hate on Purdue no matter what.

Purdue 2....IU 0 in basketball, and IU fans like you want to harp on Purdue.  You see what you want to....I actually hope they make a deep tourney run.

21 minutes ago, rico said:

Purdue 2....IU 0 in basketball, and IU fans like you want to harp on Purdue.  You see what you want to....I actually hope they make a deep tourney run.

I don't and hope they lose in the first round of the tournament just like most of the other teams in the conference.  They are 3-1 in the last 4 but have not played that well in any of those games.  Against PSU which was in last place at the time they had 23 turnovers and had to pull away late to win the game at home. They shot horribly nd only scored 48 point in the win against us but you probably thought they played great in that game.  Then they won by 3 at NU which is on a 7 game losing streak so tell me how they are playing great right now.  If they play like this in the tournament when they are playing better teams they will be in trouble.  If Edwards keep shooting 4-24 in the tournament then they will lose against good teams.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't and hope they lose in the first round of the tournament just like most of the other teams in the conference.  They are 3-1 in the last 4 but have not played that well in any of those games.  Against PSU which was in last place at the time they had 23 turnovers and had to pull away late to win the game at home. They shot horribly nd only scored 48 point in the win against us but you probably thought they played great in that game.  Then they won by 3 at NU which is on a 7 game losing streak so tell me how they are playing great right now.  If they play like this in the tournament when they are playing better teams they will be in trouble.  If Edwards keep shooting 4-24 in the tournament then they will lose against good teams.

I think it shows that a good team can win conference road games even when they don’t play their best especially when Carsen doesn’t play well. Ugly wins still count. Michigan lost at Penn State, MSU lost to you at home. We don’t have any bad conference losses losing at Michigan, at Maryland, and at Michigan State. 

Archived