Around the B1G/NCAA

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I read the announcement and didn’t realize that each school was getting $50 million a year from the network affiliation. With that amount of revenue there is no excuse for IU not to pay coaches what is necessary to keep them in Bloomington 

More likely into the teachers deans and board of trustees salaraies. Look at Northwestern and all they have done to the sports complexes football especially...I know we have been doing some renovating too but it’s a drop in the bucket to what we bring in.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I read the announcement and didn’t realize that each school was getting $50 million a year from the network affiliation. With that amount of revenue there is no excuse for IU not to pay coaches what is necessary to keep them in Bloomington 

When your president is filching half of that and using it to build study halls, that makes it harder. Still doesn't excuse us hiring lousy football coaches, however.

4 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

If only all the TV $ saw it's way to the AD's office. Of course once it gets there is a another debate. $ should never ever ever ever be a discussion at Big 10 schools. Ever. 

6 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

It also makes the only good things Fred Glass has done seem to be more of a given than it doesn't great AD work. 

Good to see Texas and TCU both lose last night. Who are we supposed to be rooting for tonight? Obviously IU just needs to win, but always fun to have an interest in some of these other games.

As much as it pains me, looks like we're pulling for:

Purdue over Minnesota

Kentucky over Ole Miss

Tenn over Miss State

Kansas over Oklahoma

Just now, BGleas said:

Good to see Texas and TCU both lose last night. Who are we supposed to be rooting for tonight? Obviously IU just needs to win, but always fun to have an interest in some of these other games.

Purdue over Minnesota

Kentucky over Ole Miss

Tenn over Miss State

Kansas over Oklahoma

Hell must be frozen over since IU has to root for both UK and PU

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Hell must be frozen over since IU has to root for both UK and PU

It stinks and I don't like it, but I'm all for what's best for IU, even if it means pulling for those schools in otherwise meaningless games. 

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Purdue over Minnesota

Kentucky over Ole Miss

Tenn over Miss State

Kansas over Oklahoma

giphy.gif

I really don't want to see PU win the BIG, regardless of the situation I want to see then lose out.

If we miss the dance it's entirely self inflicted.   Failing the "I give a crap" test for a month tends to derail a season.

Purdue fans were trying to discredit out most recent conference title because of the imbalance schedule we had one of the easiest schedules.   I don't think they will be doing that to their own, despite only getting Michigan,  Wisconsin, and Iowa once.

21 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

I really don't want to see PU win the BIG, regardless of the situation I want to see then lose out.

If we miss the dance it's entirely self inflicted.   Failing the "I give a crap" test for a month tends to derail a season.

Purdue fans were trying to discredit out most recent conference title because of the imbalance schedule we had one of the easiest schedules.   I don't think they will be doing that to their own, despite only getting Michigan,  Wisconsin, and Iowa once.

Even the most diehard Purdue fan can't dispute the schedule. With that said a title still goes up as a title. Like our most recent two they do count for something. This will be his 2nd in 3 years. It will also be his 2nd in 9 years. I still fall in the category that Big 10 titles should matter but we know those days are long gone. Beilein (if he doesn't win this year) will have 2 in 12 years....but he's established elite status because of his 2 Runner Up's and 1 E8 finish. 

Painter will have to get an E8 to start moving that conversation away from him. Nice guy, good coach..sure. Elite? Not close. I mean Bo Ryan didn't get elite status until his final 2 F4 runs. 

Archived