Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

What a difference a year makes. Vandy fans asking for Bryce Drew resignation last night. Thought it was funny considering the bravado many Vandy fans about 12 months ago. 

And with the loss to Arkansas on Wednesday night ( I am being kind when I say loss)  Vanderbilt sets a record :  most losses ever in a season.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

That's what I was curious about. Is Ohio St playing their way out? 18-12/8-11....best wins at Cincy and home vs Iowa? I see nothing else that warrants lock status. Honestly even though they beat us...our resume is much stronger. 

And another one. Clemson is 18-12 overall, 8-9 in conference and 1-10 record vs Quad 1 yet they seem to be perceived as in??

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

That's what I was curious about. Is Ohio St playing their way out? 18-12/8-11....best wins at Cincy and home vs Iowa? I see nothing else that warrants lock status. Honestly even though they beat us...our resume is much stronger. 

That home loss to OSU is probably our worst loss as far as potential impact

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

A great scenario for IU would be to win these next two, have OSU lose to Wisconsin, and then get matched up with OSU in the BTT and win that game. That would put OSU squarely on the bubble with a worse resume. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

A great scenario for IU would be to win these next two, have OSU lose to Wisconsin, and then get matched up with OSU in the BTT and win that game. That would put OSU squarely on the bubble with a worse resume. 

Could also be big from the standpoint of capping the number of teams the selection committee wants in from any given conference. They will probably never say outright, "oh we're stopping at 9 for the Big Ten", but you never know. That game could be everything if it comes to fruition...ultimate playoff game for the right to dance.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Under Fran they seem to always stumble to the finish line.  Why is that?

I think we discussed on here a few weeks ago or maybe in another thread. He rides his guys so hard maybe they just run out of gas. Similar to late 90's Coach Knight teams. Players just want season to be over. 

15 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I saw Nebraska suspended a player indefinitely yesterday. An ugly season gets uglier...

Miles is an odd one to me. Sometimes I like him and sometimes I just don't. Maybe it stems back to his stuff with Crean. Anyway...sounds like a guy who knows his time is done. I don't think he'll be unemployed long. Since his entire roster is from Illinois....maybe Depaul? 

3 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Gophers beat Pee yew then get crushed by Maryland ! Crazy game ?

Just shows what posers those losers in West Laffy are...if Carson has a bad shooting game, they'll be done. I'd love to see IU get another shot at them in the BTT.

22 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Just shows what posers those losers in West Laffy are...if Carson has a bad shooting game, they'll be done. I'd love to see IU get another shot at them in the BTT.

Here's what I want. Us get the 11 seed in tourney and beat a 6 seed like Nova, Marquette, Cincy or Iowa St and beat a similar or comparable team in 2nd round (5/12 winner) and make the Sweet 16 when Purdue lays an egg in 2nd round. 

Archived