Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Had nothing to do with the networks but my own eyes and since I have been watching basketball for over 40 years I know what I see.

I too have been watching basketball for over 40 years, and I too know what I see.  It's ok to have a different opinion.

3 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Psycho T or Jimmer come to mind. 

Give me Zion over either of them, especially Jimmer.  Zion has a combination of skill and athleticism that just puts him on another level.

Anthony Davis might have an argument, but I’d say Zion is better than he was as well.

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Give me Zion over either of them, especially Jimmer.  Zion has a combination of skill and athleticism that just puts him on another level.

Anthony Davis might have an argument, but I’d say Zion is better than he was as well.

Kemba?

27 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Who was the last college player better than Zion?

I can't think of anyone more dominant in such a short time.  The only thing I don't know about Zion is his outside shot...never seen him take one.

Other than that, he's the best I can recall...and that goes back a looooooong way ('70's).

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I can't think of anyone more dominant in such a short time.  The only thing I don't know about Zion is his outside shot...never seen him take one.

Other than that, he's the best I can recall...and that goes back a looooooong way ('70's).

Actually has a solid shot for the type of player he is.  Shooting 32.7% from three on 2 attempts per game this season.

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Actually has a solid shot for the type of player he is.  Shooting 32.7% from three on 2 attempts per game this season.

Admittedly, I haven't watched him a lot, but when I have, he's been incredible.  Shooting the three better than Romeo impresses me even more.  If he doesn't get hurt, he's going to have an amazing career at the next level.

19 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

KD, Griffin, Beasley all good candidates.  Kemba, maybe.  And I’ll take Zion as a college player over Steph as a college player all around.

Yeah I means it hard to split the difference at that top level. I don't think you'd be wrong to say Zion has been more dominant than those guys. 

Along the lines of AD, Greg Oden was incredibly dominant in college. 

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Shows what fools gold Turdue is this year.  If Carson doesn't shoot well, they are done.

It all will depend on Carsen for sure. The way I see it, I think Purdue has already overachieved quite a bit this year. Easily one of the best coaching jobs Painter has had at Purdue. Would be nice to win at least a few tournament games but an early round upset wouldn’t surprise me. This team is very different than last years team obviously. 

2 hours ago, Threedom said:

Zion is the best freshman I have seen in 30 plus years watching college hoops.  Height, strength, good shot and handles.  His quickness, especially his quick jump is unbelievable. 

Quite honestly, if it were not for the one and done rule.... the next player after Lebron that should have gone straight to the NBA, out of high school,  is Zion.  He is THAT accomplished. And I could not agree with you more. 

I am gonna include this. I said it at the beginning of the season. And it holds true to now. Purdue is a team that can't depend upon just on Carson Edwards to get things done.

4 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Thanks Mile !!!! They were very lucky to have tied for the BTEN regular season co-championship ! Everything just fell into place for those turkies ! One more loss and we can see the real. purwho

Lucky? Lol. Painter and company deserve a lot of credit for turning things around after the non-conference. And it wasn’t largely due to luck or things falling into place. That’s bogus.   

Archived