Around the B1G/NCAA

4 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Nope - care to share?

This isn’t word for word what was said but it basically went down like this...Someone said the “IU program is a joke” his sister replied and said “ no the coaching staff is” that person replied and said “why did your brother accept a scholarship there” Jake sister replied and said “ coaching staff lies about how the program is going to be ran just to get recruits”.. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

Does his sister think he is good enough as a freshman to get significant minutes on a power 5 team right now? In a couple years, but not right now.

No, she thinks he is good enough to start for the Warriors...

10 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

Does his sister think he is good enough as a freshman to get significant minutes on a power 5 team right now? In a couple years, but not right now.

Nearly every family secretly believes that their player is better than the experts say they are.  That's the nature of family bias. I just wish they understood how much negative social media posts can damage and embarrass not only the program they are mad at, but also the player they support.

1 hour ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

St. John's is terrible. Their offense looks like a compilation of all our worst offensive possessions over the course of the season. I've seen better execution at the HPER.

No doubt. Especially before Cook Hall.... when many of our scholarship players would show up at HPER, without notice. 

9 hours ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

St. John's is terrible. Their offense looks like a compilation of all our worst offensive possessions over the course of the season. I've seen better execution at the HPER.

I've seen games at the HPER that are on par with small D1 games.

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Last minute bracket information. PJ Washington isn't playing today. They put him in a hard cast. I'm no Dr but if they put you in a hard cast....that's not something you miss one game and play Saturday? Food for thought as you fill out those brackets.

Ab Christian has four players 40%+ from 3 playing significant minutes. Would love to see one of those insane mid-major 3 point barrages today. 

Wouldn’t bet that way, though

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Ab Christian has four players 40%+ from 3 playing significant minutes. Would love to see one of those insane mid-major 3 point barrages today. 

Wouldn’t bet that way, though

I'm thinking it could be a bigger problem on Saturday if they play Seton Hall....or definitely an issue vs Houston/Iowa St. Huge blow. Had to take a peak at RR. Seems UK fans are handling this injury news well. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm thinking it could be a bigger problem on Saturday if they play Seton Hall....or definitely an issue vs Houston/Iowa St. Huge blow. Had to take a peak at RR. Seems UK fans are handling this injury news well. 

Yes, Seton Hall has been playing well of late, but the Big East looks awful. They’ll probably lose to Wofford. Would be a big problem next weekend 

26 minutes ago, Tiz10 said:

Vincennes University won the NJCAA tournament.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.courierpress.com/amp

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/2019/03/23/vu-blazers-take-fourth-njcaa-mens-championship-program-history/3256128002/

Link didn't work.

A) At least one of my alma maters put up a banner this March. #4 for them.

B) And just a little icing on the cake, they beat Billy Gillespie's team in the finals.

Rough news out of Missouri. Porter tore his ACL again during rehab it sounds like. He was potentially a late first round pick I think last year but decided to come back. Tore his ACL in a scrimmage and apparently tore it again. Food for thought when discussing Romeo. Porter has essentially guaranteed himself never getting first round $. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Rough news out of Missouri. Porter tore his ACL again during rehab it sounds like. He was potentially a late first round pick I think last year but decided to come back. Tore his ACL in a scrimmage and apparently tore it again. Food for thought when discussing Romeo. Porter has essentially guaranteed himself never getting first round $. 

Those kids are injury prone it seems.

Archived