Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Arizona loses again.   Will they implode with the investigation over their heads?

That's exactly what I was thinking. It just feels like there's guilt in that program and it's affecting the results. Mentally, they don't appear to be in a good place at all.  

Looks like a team even Purdue could beat right now. :P

59 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I'd like Duke to win. Always nice having the #1 team in the country come into Assembly Hall.

While I absolutely agree with you I’m having a really hard time pulling for Duke. I think we have a better chance than most think against them. If we play defense at a high level their inexperience will show. 

I would imagine that the reality with Arizona is probably somewhere in the middle between their original no.2 ranking and the team that we saw this past week. I think they will get it together as the season goes along, they just have so much talent. I think they will be just fine... That is, unless the FBI thing blows up in their face.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Rawle being out hurts them but not this much. ESPN article said if they go from #2 to unranked it would only be second time to Louisville in 1986 which of course worked out ok for them.

As far as Louisville the year is right, but the season is not.  It was the '86-'87 season.  They started the year ranked #2 and then dropped their first 3 games.  They never saw the polls again on their way to a 18-14 campaign.  They actually won the Metro regular season title that year but got beat in the CT by Memphis.  Memphis was on probation.  The Metro sent no team to the NCAAT that year.  

4 minutes ago, rico said:

As far as Louisville the year is right, but the season is not.  It was the '86-'87 season.  They started the year ranked #2 and then dropped their first 3 games.  They never saw the polls again on their way to a 18-14 campaign.  They actually won the Metro regular season title that year but got beat in the CT by Memphis.  Memphis was on probation.  The Metro sent no team to the NCAAT that year.  

Hmmm....  Was that when Calipari coached Memphis?????

Archived