Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Forgot to copy the link, but UConn is heading back to the Big East in 2020. They are going to have to find a home for their football program since there is no football in the BE. 

So assuming they'll be an independent in football? Tough blow for AAC in hoops. Conference loses it's biggest name in UConn. If Houston ever left AAC for Big 12 that conference might as well fold up....and if I'm Marshall at Wichita St the next time someone comes calling I'm grabbing the job. 

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

So assuming they'll be an independent in football? Tough blow for AAC in hoops. Conference loses it's biggest name in UConn. If Houston ever left AAC for Big 12 that conference might as well fold up....and if I'm Marshall at Wichita St the next time someone comes calling I'm grabbing the job. 

I absolutely thought of Wichita St. when I first heard this.  But now I wonder about Cincinnati?

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/27054609/oklahoma-state-hires-brother-no-2-prospect

Looks like Oklahoma St just hired the brother of the #2 ranked recruit int he 2020 class.  It does not appear he has any college caching experience and only coached on the AAU circuit.

Smart move. Former player, well known who just so happens to have a sure fire one and done as a younger brother. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Smart move. Former player, well known who just so happens to have a sure fire one and done as a younger brother. 

Should have added this. Evan Mobley is the #1 recruit in that class. USC/Enfeld hired his Dad as an assistant already. 

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

NCAA meeting today to start enforcing more strict guidelines, rules,etc...on transfers in hoops and football. Translation. They know how bad they messed up on some of these players transferring and now trying to correct it. 

I'd like to sit in on an NCAA meeting some day, just because I can't even begin to imagine how little might get accomplished. Pretty sure I get more done dropping a deuce than they could in a week.

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Kerry Blackshire transferring to Florida. UK thought they had him...glad he went to the gators. They should have a real good ream. I’m happy!

Who is Blackshire?  And what is this ream you speak of?  And you're happy?  LMAO

7 hours ago, rico said:

Who is Blackshire?  And what is this ream you speak of?  And you're happy?  LMAO

That’s what happens when you post with a 5 month old in your arms lol. Blackshear should make Florida a contender in the SEC with UK this year. Coach White is doing a solid job recruiting down there.

Archived