Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

How many teams systems allow a 7 footer to be successful?  Seems like most coaches would prefer athleticism over size. Past say 6-10 or so. 

I would take at least 1 guy on my team like that any day of the week for defense at least.

4 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Shaka Smart , Shaka Smart , He's no stooped fart ! He's won my heart !  ' Cause he. Beat Ole Jawn Purdue. !!!! 😄😄 Top of the world ma !!!!!!!!

Two years in a row. Purdue started terribly last year and ended up looking very good....I am not concerned.

1 hour ago, Indy1987 said:

As much as I love seeing PU lose(and Nebraska) this is bad for the league.  I know its early but what a lousy start(15-7).    

Go Hoosiers!!!

There was a time where I was a conference guy but after the Sampson years and subsequent down fall never again will I cheer for the conference. Every team and fans took great joy in our misery. Won't forget that anytime soon. 

47 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

There was a time where I was a conference guy but after the Sampson years and subsequent down fall never again will I cheer for the conference. Every team and fans took great joy in our misery. Won't forget that anytime soon. 

I can appreciate that but the conference as a whole will be scrutinized come Selection Sunday.  We need out conference to look good.

3 hours ago, rico said:

I can appreciate that but the conference as a whole will be scrutinized come Selection Sunday.  We need out conference to look good.

That's exactly where I was going with my post.  Remember how close we were following the NET rankings last year everyday?   The way things are going this year there's not going to be a lot of opportunities to move up.  Even a lot that could kill your rank if upset.

Side note... I live in Acc/Sec country so I tend to cheer for the B1G a bit more than I did growing up.

Go Hoosiers!!!

I have been watching some of the Florida and FSU game and Florida looks awful and there offense consist of just standing around and dribbling the shot clock down.  FSU is leading 31-21 with a little over 16 minutes to go in the game.  Well at least through the first week of the season the top teams in the rankings have not looked very good.

Also just saw on the Ticker that the younger brother of Cassius Winston got killed by getting hit by a train.  That is terrible news and makes you realize that these players have lives outside of their sport that we have no idea what is going on.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have been watching some of the Florida and FSU game and Florida looks awful and there offense consist of just standing around and dribbling the shot clock down.  FSU is leading 31-21 with a little over 16 minutes to go in the game.  Well at least through the first week of the season the top teams in the rankings have not looked very good.

Also just saw on the Ticker that the younger brother of Cassius Winston got killed by getting hit by a train.  That is terrible news and makes you realize that these players have lives outside of their sport that we have no idea what is going on.

With 13 minutes to go, Florida had 27 points.  Florida State, OTOH, looks pretty good. 

...and Winston's brother was mentioned just a bit earlier. Terrible tragedy.

Watching OSU dismantle Umass-Lowell.  I was told elsewhere earlier that losing DJ Carton was no big deal.

I beg to differ.

IU has literally NO ONE that can pass like this kid.  He's got a tremendous handle and a nice shot as well, but his passing is just spectacular.  Plays solid D as well.  This kid is the complete package and he's going to be the one Archie really hates facing as long as he's playing college ball.  If he was 4-5 inches taller, I think he'd be a first-rounder after this season.  I'm a lot sicker about losing this kid than the one that went to pUKe.

As I type, another assist...and he would have had another but for the foul and miss.  Holy hell...

Archived