Around the B1G/NCAA

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Watching OSU dismantle Umass-Lowell.  I was told elsewhere earlier that losing DJ Carton was no big deal.

I beg to differ.

IU has literally NO ONE that can pass like this kid.  He's got a tremendous handle and a nice shot as well, but his passing is just spectacular.  Plays solid D as well.  This kid is the complete package and he's going to be the one Archie really hates facing as long as he's playing college ball.  If he was 4-5 inches taller, I think he'd be a first-rounder after this season.  I'm a lot sicker about losing this kid than the one that went to pUKe.

As I type, another assist...and he would have had another but for the foul and miss.  Holy hell...

He just nailed a deep 3...look like he got fouled to..no call

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching OSU dismantle Umass-Lowell.  I was told elsewhere earlier that losing DJ Carton was no big deal.

I beg to differ.

IU has literally NO ONE that can pass like this kid.  He's got a tremendous handle and a nice shot as well, but his passing is just spectacular.  Plays solid D as well.  This kid is the complete package and he's going to be the one Archie really hates facing as long as he's playing college ball.  If he was 4-5 inches taller, I think he'd be a first-rounder after this season.  I'm a lot sicker about losing this kid than the one that went to pUKe.

As I type, another assist...and he would have had another but for the foul and miss.  Holy hell...

Dammit, you made me turn that game on...

Yeah, he looks really good...just drained a 3 under duress...

I beg to differ.

My team is on the floor.

We have Rob and I would go to the mattresses with him. 

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Dammit, you made me turn that game on...

Yeah, he looks really good...just drained a 3 under duress...

Yeah, they took him out after that one...was 3-4 from distance before they did.  He's special.  Only thing I can see that he lacks is height.

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

My team is on the floor.

We have Rob and I would go to the mattresses with him. 

Oh I love Rob and he's going to be a special Hoosier as well.  I just don't see him on the level of this kid.  Frankly, I see very few on that level.  IMO, He's better than the UK and Duke guards I've seen this year...just not as tall.

...and just another observation from this young season thus far...seems like the ball handler on the fast break isn't giving up the ball like they have in the past.  I've noticed it with other teams as well as IU.  Hummer from OSU just went coast to coast and got absolutely stuffed like I knew he was going to.  Is there some widely-accepted statistic that proves a pass reduces your ability to score on a fast break?  Just seems that teams are operating under that assumption, but I could simply have a bad sample in my limited observation.

@BGleas?

10 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

...and just another observation from this young season thus far...seems like the ball handler on the fast break isn't giving up the ball like they have in the past.  I've noticed it with other teams as well as IU.  Hummer from OSU just went coast to coast and got absolutely stuffed like I knew he was going to.  Is there some widely-accepted statistic that proves a pass reduces your ability to score on a fast break?  Just seems that teams are operating under that assumption, but I could simply have a bad sample in my limited observation.

@BGleas?

Every body wants to get their own?

32 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I beg to differ.

This kid is the complete package and he's going to be the one Archie really hates facing as long as he's playing college ball.  

Wait till his first appearance at Carver-Hawkeye. That won’t be pleasant for Fran. 

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I beg to differ.

Take your sunshine pumping elsewhere!  LOL

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I beg to differ.

Beilein hired long time family friend as an asst to lure him to Michigan. His family (deep Iowa roots) moved him from Illinois to Iowa for his last couple years in high school for more exposure. Neither strategies worked.

Archie put his best foot forward but didn't work. Given what Iowa, Michigan.....and obviously Ohio St did to land the kid sometimes you just move along. Good player...but it's not like we're missing out on when we have Rob/Al/Devonte playing the position. Would you want an undersized DJ Carton or Lander? Both will be playing college hoops at the same time. 

4 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

He just nailed a deep 3...look like he got fouled to..no call

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I beg to differ.

22 min, 4 assists, 13 pts, 3 rbs, 1 to

Not bad for a freshman....for one game...against non-conference team.  UMass Lowell??  Yeah, I know...throw Portland St. at me. He did go 0-2 on fts.   😊

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Beilein hired long time family friend as an asst to lure him to Michigan. His family (deep Iowa roots) moved him from Illinois to Iowa for his last couple years in high school for more exposure. Neither strategies worked.

Archie put his best foot forward but didn't work. Given what Iowa, Michigan.....and obviously Ohio St did to land the kid sometimes you just move along. Good player...but it's not like we're missing out on when we have Rob/Al/Devonte playing the position. Would you want an undersized DJ Carton or Lander? Both will be playing college hoops at the same time. 

I'd love to see Lander play for IU, but at this point, who knows if he'd be better than Carton.  What is obvious to me just a few games in is that Carton is damned good.  I don't fault Archie for missing on Carton...I'm just lamenting the fact that he did.  I think IU has some good guards and I especially love Al.  At the same time, Carton would be the most talented guard on IU's roster.  I don't think I'm going out on a limb saying that.  I think it's OK to admit that there are better players on other teams.  I still hope IU throttles OSU, but I'll bet Carton will be a handful to deal with.

While I'm at it, Zeke Njagi looks very good for Arizona, even though he can't hit free throws.  I can see why Archie chased him.

The ginger looks pretty good as well. 😜

22 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

...and on the Purdue forum, they are debating about how bad it really hurt Nojel to get punched in the junk during the Texas game...some posters accusing him of being an injury drama queen.  Mama's not happy about it.

Makes me really appreciate this forum.

That board is one of the worst out there for Purdue fans and outsiders.

40 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

...and on the Purdue forum, they are debating about how bad it really hurt Nojel to get punched in the junk during the Texas game...some posters accusing him of being an injury drama queen.  Mama's not happy about it.

Please tell me this isn't real. Had a friend of mine run an opposing teams board for years so I check in there every once in awhile but haven't been to Purdue or other boards besides this one in a long time. Wow. I'll echo others. So glad for this board. 

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I think mama Eastern is one of 5fouls ex-wives.

Archived