Around the B1G/NCAA

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Memphis falls to a shorthanded Oregon team. Quinones had 16 but on 4/15 from the field (2/9 from 3).

Saw that one. Few of these players and teams I'll be keeping a close eye on all year long.

Also saw Butler beat Minnesota too. No clue what type of team Minnesota is projected to be.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Saw that one. Few of these players and teams I'll be keeping a close eye on all year long.

Also saw Butler beat Minnesota too. No clue what type of team Minnesota is projected to be.

Well, they have Little Richard manning the bench so...

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

One last comment on UK loss. Sometimes I like to just look at the box score to see if it tells a story with certain numbers. I know Evansville played well enough to win but just looking at the numbers I think you could say it's not like they outstanding either. 30% from 3. Aces had more turnovers, same fouls....doubled up at FT Line.

Guess my point is this. It's not like Evansville set the world on fire last night.

Yeah, I looked at stat sheet myself.  Nothing jumped out at me as to how or why the Aces won...but they did.

6 minutes ago, Tiz10 said:

Ever since he showed up at the tournament game in Iowa, I've admired this kid. Hell, I can't tell you for sure that I would have done that. Not very many people at all would have.

That took class. That took humility. That also took some cojones. Your former team, succeeding without you, and you're doing nothing but supporting the former teammates you still call friends? That's rare.

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Memphis falls to a shorthanded Oregon team. Quinones had 16 but on 4/15 from the field (2/9 from 3).

...and was rocking the short shorts. He'll be a nice player. Looks like he's not afraid to shoot it. 😂😂😂

Wiseman looks like a player who knows he's on borrowed time.  He's way better than he's playing right now.

21 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Trendon Watford with 7p at the half as #23 LSU trails VCU 50-38. A couple of VCU fans dressed as FBI agents near the LSU bench.

Thanks. Keep us updated, if you can.  All the best to Trendon.  His family was the best. Still remember the pic of the truck his grandpap gave to Christian. Who painted it Red, with an IU logo on the tailgate.

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

VCU holds on to win 84-82. T. Watford with 11p 7r.

Love it! SEC fans don't even know how to play basketball let alone appreciate it!! The ONLY reason SEC has grown strong in the past few years is because the well known RUNNERS in the SEC have learned they can make some money in basketball as well as football!

44 minutes ago, JugRox said:

OSU looks impressive.

best in B10?

I watched the first half, and to me it was more Villanova looking terrible than anything OSU was doing. Villanova's shot selection was awful, and when they did get one off, it clanked, even in close. Didn't look like any Jay Wright team I had ever seen.

Kaleb Wesson looked positively svelte. Quicker too. OSU looked ok, but I think we'll be able to play with them.

Archived