Around the B1G/NCAA

15 hours ago, rico said:

He's a big crybaby, but I don't fault him for being angry with the NCAA.  He used the word "arbitrary" regarding how they make decisions and I'd call that spot on.  If there are rules, enforce them consistently.  If you grant waivers frequently, either refine the rule or do away with it.  We know the NCAA is completely incapable and unwilling to enforce their recruiting laws, and when they do punish, it's never their sacred cow schools that get treated sternly.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Zuckerkorn said:

He's a big crybaby, but I don't fault him for being angry with the NCAA.  He used the word "arbitrary" regarding how they make decisions and I'd call that spot on.  If there are rules, enforce them consistently.  If you grant waivers frequently, either refine the rule or do away with it.  We know the NCAA is completely incapable and unwilling to enforce their recruiting laws, and when they do punish, it's never their sacred cow schools that get treated sternly.

I have come to the conclusion that the NCAA has something against the BIG as a whole.

In an interesting twist.  The undefeated Georgia Bulldogs (4-0). Coached by the former IU head BB coach. Tom Crean. Will be playing the undefeated Dayton Flyers (3.0). Formerly coached by the current IU head BB coach. Archie Miller.  Game in Hawaii.  Nov. 25.  On ESPN2. 2:30 pm EST.

28 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Kid redshirted last year.  And now this.  Can't help but feel sorry for him. Nunge is an Indiana kid, who had started all five games for Iowa this year.

Yeah, your post jarred my memory. I remember him being from Indiana now. Tough break for him. Hope his recovery goes well.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We have the TV on in our office and right now Georgia and Dayton is on and Dayton scored 9 points in the first 2 minutes of the game.  Looks like Crean's defense is not improving since he left here.

No offense to Crean, but I didn't expect otherwise.  Much like everyone else walking the planet, he has his weaknesses and he has his strengths. And defense is not one of his strengths.

10 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

No offense to Crean, but I didn't expect otherwise.  Much like everyone else walking the planet, he has his weaknesses and he has his strengths. And defense is not one of his strengths.

Right now his offense not doing great since it is 26-10 with 10 minutes to go in the half.

Archived