Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s a great win for OSU, and Holtman is doing a really good job. In terms of how Holtman is doing compared to Archie, as I’m sure the hires will be somewhat compared for years for come, Holtman has been aided by the fact that his upperclassmen (Bates-Dior, Jackson, Tate and Williams) are bought in and playing like upperclassmen. Bates-Diop is playing at an AA/Big Ten POY level. 

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That’s a great win for OSU, and Holtman is doing a really good job. In terms of how Holtman is doing compared to Archie, as I’m sure the hires will be somewhat compared for years for come, Holtman has been aided by the fact that his upperclassmen (Bates-Dior, Jackson, Tate and Williams) are bought in and playing like upperclassmen. Bates-Diop is playing at an AA/Big Ten POY level. 

I also think he has been aided by the departures of Loving and Lyle.  

It's a shame with these Sunday night games. Anyway. USC scores with 1.7 seconds left to go up on Stanford by 1. Stanford player hits half court shot to win it. Needless to say. Andy Enfeld's shine is starting to look a little less shiny. He can blame the FBI all he wants. Reason I bring this up. I could see a guy "like" Crean doing great at a school like USC. Football school. Less pressue. Tons of talent in local area. Runs it clean. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

It's a shame with these Sunday night games. Anyway. USC scores with 1.7 seconds left to go up on Stanford by 1. Stanford player hits half court shot to win it. Needless to say. Andy Enfeld's shine is starting to look a little less shiny. He can blame the FBI all he wants. Reason I bring this up. I could see a guy "like" Crean doing great at a school like USC. Football school. Less pressue. Tons of talent in local area. Runs it clean. 

I actually like those Sunday night games.  Heckuva a ball game and I think Enfeld will be just fine there unless something major comes up that he is involved in.  Yes Crean would be a good fit there as would a lot of other guys that "failed" at big time B-Ball schools.  

10 minutes ago, rico said:

I actually like those Sunday night games.  Heckuva a ball game and I think Enfeld will be just fine there unless something major comes up that he is involved in.  Yes Crean would be a good fit there as would a lot of other guys that "failed" at big time B-Ball schools.  

I like them too. Just not sure if the rest of the country even knows those teams played. And a great game at that. Enfeld has brought up FBI thing multiple times this year as reason for starting top 10 and now not even a tourney team. Excuses can work in college towns for the most part....not in pro towns. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I like them too. Just not sure if the rest of the country even knows those teams played. And a great game at that. Enfeld has brought up FBI thing multiple times this year as reason for starting top 10 and now not even a tourney team. Excuses can work in college towns for the most part....not in pro towns. 

What are they 11-6?  I haven't looked at their schedule results but I don't follow the PAC 12 except those late Sunday night games!

12 minutes ago, rico said:

What are they 11-6?  I haven't looked at their schedule results but I don't follow the PAC 12 except those late Sunday night games!

Best win is vs New Mexico St. Losses to anyone else on their schedule that is average or better. Combine that with Alford losing half his team and still cruising and some USC fans are tired of the "as long as we do good in football who cares" mantra. Time will tell because I think he's under contract until 2023 but losing this much and not winning any important games? Won't be long for LA Times to start asking what's going on here. 

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Best win is vs New Mexico St. Losses to anyone else on their schedule that is average or better. Combine that with Alford losing half his team and still cruising and some USC fans are tired of the "as long as we do good in football who cares" mantra. Time will tell because I think he's under contract until 2023 but losing this much and not winning any important games? Won't be long for LA Times to start asking what's going on here. 

How is his recruiting class for next year?

Archived