Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Stanford Robinson just hit a buzzer beater to lead Rhode Island over Duquesne. 

Had forgotten about Stanford.... seeing as how he is playing at Rhode Island.  Rhode Island ?  Haven't seen any of their games.  Yet... they are ranked 24th in the nation. Wow !

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

A former Indiana Mr. Basketball, Kyle Guy, ices the game for Virginia, with two clutch free throws.

It is a rare day in college basketball, when both Duke and North Carolina go down in defeat, on the same day. 

Even rarer when they both lose at home, on the same day. Hasn’t happened since 1973, that’s crazy!

12 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

Even rarer when they both lose at home, on the same day. Hasn’t happened since 1973, that’s crazy!

I appreciate that tidbit. I was thinking it had been a while. Thanks.   I agree.... crazy.  But that is the way this whole college season has gone, as far as I am concerned.

18 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

The way Allen fell after taking a hit from Guy near the end of the game...... should win Gracie an academy award. 

Yep,  and of course he got all pissy when Guy tried to help him up. Raftery called him a "competitor ". I think there are better words to describe him. 

Can't until he's gone, although Duke seems to frequently have a kid like him

20 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I appreciate that tidbit. I was thinking it had been a while. Thanks.   I agree.... crazy.  But that is the way this whole college season has gone, as far as I am concerned.

I’m thinking this could be the year that a 16 seed finally beats a 1 seed. As crazy as this season has been, that would not surprise me.

22 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

The way Allen fell after taking a hit from Guy near the end of the game...... should win Gracie an academy award. 

He got a bit pissy about it too. Hell he walked right into it. Guy was trying to move the ball away from him and then his chin hit Guy’s elbow! I’d still love to see a couple people trip Gracie on his way out this year!

1 minute ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Yep,  and of course he got all pissy when Guy tried to help him up. Raftery called him a "competitor ". I think there are better words to describe him. 

Did you see the shot Gracie took at Guy's nuts, when both of them were on the ground ? 

2 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Yep, I was thinking the same thing!

24 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Did you see the shot Gracie took at Guy's nuts, when both of them were on the ground ? 

Sure Coach K is extremely proud of how Allen has matured. dws

Who was the Michigan State guy that did the same thing to Cody?

Just now, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Sure Coach K is extremely proud of how Allen has matured. dws

Who was the Michigan State guy that did the same thing to Cody?

Not sure of who it was.  However, what was most impressive is that Cody didn't say or complain about it, until the next time out.  When he asked the refs to review the play.  And if memory serves me correctly.... the assessed a foul on the miscreant.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/grayson-allens-face-and-a-virginia-players-elbow-collided-who-was-at-fault/

Article for CBS it is Oscar season after all so anything is quite possible. The media sure does love a good story I like him but sometimes it is too much no for a senior captain to act like a petulant child.

14 minutes ago, Coach1K said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/grayson-allens-face-and-a-virginia-players-elbow-collided-who-was-at-fault/

Article for CBS it is Oscar season after all so anything is quite possible. The media sure does love a good story I like him but sometimes it is too much no for a senior captain to act like a petulant child.

No question he was at fault. He was practically embracing guy when he found the elbow.  There was quite literally no room for guy to move at all without making additional contact.  Allen had already made contact and would have fouled elbow or not.

Archived