Around the B1G/NCAA

Just now, FKIM01 said:

No question he was at fault. He was practically embracing guy when he found the elbow.  There was quite literally no room for guy to move at all without making additional contact.  Allen had already made contact and would have fouled elbow or not.

And then proceeded to swat Kyle's hand when trying to help him up.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Coach1K said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/grayson-allens-face-and-a-virginia-players-elbow-collided-who-was-at-fault/

Article for CBS it is Oscar season after all so anything is quite possible. The media sure does love a good story I like him but sometimes it is too much no for a senior captain to act like a petulant child.

Yeah. The kind of guy you love, if he is on your team.... and hate when he isn't on your team.  His reputation.... and "K's" and Duke history of flopping precede themselves. 

Thanks for the contribution.  I appreciate.  'specially for others who were not able to see the game.... or the acting performance. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Yeah. The kind of guy you love, if he is on your team.... and hate when he isn't on your team.  His reputation.... and "K's" and Duke history of flopping precede themselves. 

Thanks for the contribution.  I appreciate.  'specially for others who were not able to see the game.... or the acting performance. 

Oh no problem you guys should have heard me.

my buddy took me to the Duke/VA game yesterday.  pretty awesome experience.  still blows me away that K didn't make one sub the entire 2nd half!  not one sub.  his starters played 40, 40, 40, 37, and 37 minutes i think.  he subbed two guys in the 1st half for a total of 3 minutes each.  while i think that is way over the top and i am much happier with Archie's subbing than Crean's, it plays to my point.  college players don't need long stints on the bench and you don't need to play 10-11 guys in a close game.  

7 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

my buddy took me to the Duke/VA game yesterday.  pretty awesome experience.  still blows me away that K didn't make one sub the entire 2nd half!  not one sub.  his starters played 40, 40, 40, 37, and 37 minutes i think.  he subbed two guys in the 1st half for a total of 3 minutes each.  while i think that is way over the top and i am much happier with Archie's subbing than Crean's, it plays to my point.  college players don't need long stints on the bench and you don't need to play 10-11 guys in a close game.  

Didn't watch the game........but was Duke running out of gas at the end?

7 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

This I agree with and there defense is atrocious and didn't have vey many outside shots. Too many turnovers and missed free throws.  

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Didn't watch the game........but was Duke running out of gas at the end?

a little.  not making one sub in the half is a little out of hand for sure.  mainly they lost it at the free throw line shooting 50% and missing front end of 1 and 1s.  defense was bad the first half, but switched to zone and gave them much more trouble in the 2nd.  Duke shot very poorly as well.  Allen was terrible.  not shedding any tears, but it was an awesome atmosphere.  rare to say, but i actually wanted Duke to win that one.  i love the way Bennett's teams play, but when your buddy is a die hard Duke fan who is actually not obnoxious about it, you gotta pull for them when you're in the middle of all their fans.

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

a little.  not making one sub in the half is a little out of hand for sure.  mainly they lost it at the free throw line shooting 50% and missing front end of 1 and 1s.  defense was bad the first half, but switched to zone and gave them much more trouble in the 2nd.  Duke shot very poorly as well.  Allen was terrible.  not shedding any tears, but it was an awesome atmosphere.  rare to say, but i actually wanted Duke to win that one.  i love the way Bennett's teams play, but when your buddy is a die hard Duke fan who is actually not obnoxious about it, you gotta pull for them when you're in the middle of all their fans.

Fun fact:

Tony Bennett’s ACC record in the last 4 1/2 years: 65-16

By comparison, Roy Williams and Coach K are 57-24 and 56-25, respectively.

As Bennett is doing such great work at UVA, I think something we need to keep in mind as we evaluate Archie as a fan base is that Bennett went 15-16 and 16-15 his first two years at UVA. He certainly took over a tougher situation, but these things can take some time. Sean Miller also struggled for a year or two at UA. In many cases these coaches are taking over teams for a reason (previous coach struggled) and implementing new systems and improving recruiting can take time. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Tony Bennett in year 9. Made tournament 5 times so far. 1 E8, 1 other Sweet 16, and 3 First or 2nd round exits in NCAA. Interesting what our fans would think of TB in year 9 if he gets bounced again this year in round 1 or 2. 

Interesting to ponder. They've had some bad luck injuries late in the season and TB hasn't had the talent of his in conference peers until recently. He seems to have it rolling now. 

I'm sure we wouldn't love some of the tournament struggles, but given how good his regular seasons have been and the bad luck he has had I don't think most would do more the grumble about the tournament. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

As Bennett is doing such great work at UVA, I think something we need to keep in mind as we evaluate Archie as a fan base is that Bennett went 15-16 and 16-15 his first two years at UVA. He certainly took over a tougher situation, but these things can take some time. Sean Miller also struggled for a year or two at UA. In many cases these coaches are taking over teams for a reason (previous coach struggled) and implementing new systems and improving recruiting can take time. 

And both coaches have had tournament struggles.

3 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I have watch a lot of old IU games on YouTube lately and RMK did not sub much and went halves with the same lineup.  I just don't like coaches who sub every 3 or 5 minutes because players can't get into a rhythm of the game.

Archived