Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, rico said:

I went and looked at their schedule........to be honest I am not very impressed with their resume.  But they very well could be a #1 seed that slides in the back door.  

I understand your point, but what's the demonstrable difference in Purdue and Auburn's resume?

2 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Larry Eustachy just placed on "Administrative Leave " at Colorado State.

Looks like his coaching days may be over.

Thanks for the topic, Jerry.  Been following this for the past week in the Denver Post.  Wanted to post it here, but figured you guys would not be interested.

Story in the Denver Post from three days ago:

Colorado State University is investigating its basketball program, Larry Eustachy declines to comment – The Denver Post

And one from just this morning  :

Larry Eustachy to Colorado State basketball team: My job is safe – The Denver Post

Coach has a track record.  Bad hire by CSU... just like when IU hired Sampson, In my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, rico said:

What does Auburn have to offer?  Have you looked at their schedule?

Yeah, Auburn is to me as UT is to you.  My entire family went there and my grandfather designed the south end zone of Jordan-Hare. 

By the way, Auburn beat UT by 10 in Knoxville.  UT is number 7 on KenPom.  Auburn has no bad losses.  I'm not sure what your point is with AU?  They're pretty clearly one of the best dozen or so teams in the country.  Where would you put them? 

6 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah, Auburn is to me as UT is to you.  My entire family went there and my grandfather designed the south end zone of Jordan-Hare. 

By the way, Auburn beat UT by 10 in Knoxville.  UT is number 7 on KenPom.  Auburn has no bad losses.  I'm not sure what your point is with AU?  They're pretty clearly one of the best dozen or so teams in the country.  Where would you put them? 

Right now they are easily a #3 seed and could go up.  

This is more of a just general comment. Coach K called his players play disgusting yesterday. Self called his players soft. Calipari has players talking back to him. Even Izzo just looked puzzled at his presser again on his players efforts. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have that talent and those problems but headaches happen to everyone. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Regarding Eustachy. Is this verbal abuse of players or is he hanging out again at places he shouldn't?

Abusing players.  Sunday's Denver Post is now claiming the interim coach is an Eustachy enabler.

I would link the article, however the DP wants me to unlock my ad blocker.  Which I refuse to do.

Another thing which makes HSN 3.0.  We do not run any ads.  No need to unlock an ad blocker here. 

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This is more of a just general comment. Coach K called his players play disgusting yesterday. Self called his players soft. Calipari has players talking back to him. Even Izzo just looked puzzled at his presser again on his players efforts. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have that talent and those problems but headaches happen to everyone. 

I tell you what, that Kentucky team is the worst I have seen in quite a few years.

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Abusing players.  Sunday's Denver Post is now claiming the interim coach is an Eustachy enabler.

I would link the article, however the DP wants me to unlock my ad blocker.  Which I refuse to do.

Another thing which makes HSN 3.0.  We do not run any ads.  No need to unlock an ad blocker here. 

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a big mess. Larry should be thankful for his 12th 2nd chance. Guess not. 

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Here is K's full comment from yesterday:

We did not play basketball the first 32 minutes worthy of our program," Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski said. "We were like five individuals out there, and it was disgusting, really. They were a very frustrating group to coach today because they didn’t respond to anything until the last eight minutes. That’s unacceptable. That is unacceptable."

http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2018/02/making-a-splash-ponds-leads-red-storm-past-duke-mens-basketball-in-new-york

Archived