Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Sparty on!  (sorry Rico)  Good to see Purdon't looking at a 3rd place conference finish in their big year!  I don't see us beating OSU anyway, but if it means helping the Smellermakers out, I'm good with losing that one.

I think there’s a decent chance there’s a 3-way tie for first. 

12 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Sparty on!  (sorry Rico)  Good to see Purdon't looking at a 3rd place conference finish in their big year!  I don't see us beating OSU anyway, but if it means helping the Smellermakers out, I'm good with losing that one.

No way man. Any outside shot we have at an at-large bid requires winning that. 

I understand that it's extremely unlikely but I can't punt on that chance just because I don't want PU to win the conference title. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think there’s a decent chance there’s a 3-way tie for first. 

Looking at the teams remaining schedules I don't see Purdue losing. They have Wisconsin, Penn State, Illinois and Minnesota. Penn State is the only team I see with a remote chance. 

Michigan state really only has osu left, which I am not sure they will win. OSU handled them once and I could see them doing it again.

Osu has at Michigan, at msu and at the hall remaining. No way they win out in that stretch. Could very well drop all 3 games.

I think the msu/OSU game will decide the big ten, but it may hand it to the boilers.

3 minutes ago, Riverrat said:

Looking at the teams remaining schedules I don't see Purdue losing. They have Wisconsin, Penn State, Illinois and Minnesota. Penn State is the only team I see with a remote chance. 

Michigan state really only has osu left, which I am not sure they will win. OSU handled them once and I could see them doing it again.

Osu has at Michigan, at msu and at the hall remaining. No way they win out in that stretch. Could very well drop all 3 games.

I think the msu/OSU game will decide the big ten, but it may hand it to the boilers.

They play at Penn State, not at MSU.

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I understand that it's extremely unlikely but I can't punt on that chance just because I don't want PU to win the conference title. 

Agree, I want IU to finish the season as successfully as possible and with as much momentum as possible going into the offseason, I couldn’t care less what that means for Purdue. Of course I don’t want Purdue making a Final Four or anything, but even if us beating OSU meant Purdue won the conference outright, I’ll be cheering my face off for us to beat OSU. I just don’t care enough about Purdue for it to make me want IU to lose a game. 

25 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

like at large NCAA bid?  seriously?  i'd agree if that were the case.  just can't see how that is realistic.

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

How did we “choke” against MSU? They were favored. 

Lol, the national darling, top 5 ranked, “best Purdue team ever” couldn’t beat either of the only other good teams in the conference.  You can rationalize all you want, but that is a choke job.  Will be nothing compared to the tournament choke though.

7 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Lol, the national darling, top 5 ranked, “best Purdue team ever” couldn’t beat either of the only other good teams in the conference.  You can rationalize all you want, but that is a choke job.  Will be nothing compared to the tournament choke though.

Not the best Purdue team ever lol. And no, it’s not a choke job. You must be confused on what that means. Losing at MSU while underdogs is not choking. If we had a 10 point lead with 4 to go and blew it? Sure. But that didn’t happen. 

Archived