Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Seeking6 said:

That's going to be the fun part here. He has a bad batch who all should come back. Now add the bad batch to kids who usually would go there (recruits might look elsewhere now) and what do you have? Potentially another season like this. 

Bingo

5 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Which is honestly much more difficult in basketball than football. 

Yes. The NCAAT is a crap shoot. Agree with this statement. In general.. it's easier to pull an upset in basketball than in football. 

Football if you can't block, you can't block and you cannot hide from that. 

Basketball.. you have a tremendous shooting night and/or the other team can't hit anything... anything is possible. 

3 hours ago, rico said:

Tell you what UK really only has one "gimme" on the schedule remaining.  And I aint even too sure about that one.  Go Blue!  Of the floor and out the door.......Go Blue Go.

I don't see it happening barring a total collapse due to their early marquee wins and lack of terrible losses, but seeing UK go to the NIT again under Cal would absolutely make my day.  On the other hand, an invitation to March Madness could result in a different kind of one & done, which would be almost as entertaining.  Not quite Robert Morris in the NIT funny, but funny nonetheless.

As I write this and reflect on pUKe's disappointing season, it strikes me that (1) I've seen only one UK post in my Facebook feed this season and it was lamenting how badly they sucked and (2) I haven't heard a peep out of Casual Gay Marie.

Amazing how quiet BBN gets when the cats are having a disappointing year.

Archived