Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

There was a guy that posted on a previous version of this board named Government Cheese that didn't know what planet HE was on most of the time 

:panic::panic:

God how I miss Government Cheese...when Cheese got on a rant, the entertainment factor was off the charts.

UCLA survives against a mediocre Oregon team and 99.9% of the country doesn't notice.

Chris Wilkes having a decent year on a team that's on the tourney bubble and all but invisible.  Don't see anyone drafting him with this mediocre field goal percentages.  Poor coaching/development not helping his case.  Another missed chance at relevance and being an Indiana legend traded away for an unrealized dream of being a one-and-done.

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Huggie Bear gets T'd up as Kansas shoots 35 free throws to West Virginia's 2.  Maybe WV was mugging Kansas on defense, but that sounds crazy.

Just read about that game. Wow. Glad Huggins said what he did afterwards too. Basically said if the refs want to impact the game the way they do they should have to answer questions after the game from media.

I know officiating has historically helped the home teams. I get it. But I don't remember a time when officials are this bad across the board, in multiple leagues....anyone have a theory on why??

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just read about that game. Wow. Glad Huggins said what he did afterwards too. Basically said if the refs want to impact the game the way they do they should have to answer questions after the game from media.

I know officiating has historically helped the home teams. I get it. But I don't remember a time when officials are this bad across the board, in multiple leagues....anyone have a theory on why??

Huggins is wrong, refs don't impact games :coffee:

15 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I thought you just said you don’t put extensive time/research into it and don’t ask a lot of people where Purdue is. So who are these fans that literally don’t know where Purdue is? And those same people know where Butler is?

I think I can help.  If anyone wants to find PU, then they just need to follow the scent of rotten eggs and man-swass.  Then when they see a campus of dirty buildings, and no women, they know they have arrived.

16 hours ago, rico said:

I am gonna chime in on this as guy that travels for work.  It really might be surprising to a lot of people in this state how many people on the East coast, ACC land, the South, the left coast........that have no idea where Purdue, Butler, and even Notre Dame are located.  Many know the state......but don't know the town/city.

Down here, you'd be surprised at the number of folks that think Evansville is in Kaintucky!  :D

Our game against OSU is going to be a pretty tall task I think. I think the scouting report on us right now would include attacking the offensive boards and OSU has some guys we will have a hard time keeping from second chance points. Need to be much better in that area this week. I think we need to single Wesson. Our lineups should also favor Smith vs. McSwain do that Wesson has to come out on the floor and guard. 

24 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

Our game against OSU is going to be a pretty tall task I think. I think the scouting report on us right now would include attacking the offensive boards and OSU has some guys we will have a hard time keeping from second chance points. Need to be much better in that area this week. I think we need to single Wesson. Our lineups should also favor Smith vs. McSwain do that Wesson has to come out on the floor and guard. 

If Diop continues to slump the Bucks are in trouble.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Interesting development. Vincent Edwards hurt ankle in practice yesterday. Purdue release says questionable for rest of regular season. The extra week off between Conf Tourney and NCAA could be huge.

Hmmmmmmmm.......interesting indeed.

Archived