Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was really enjoying watching the PU/Penn State game on Sunday night.  Good game. Then there was a break in the action, at the 8:00 minute mark left in the game. When they came back from commercial, the Big Ten Network had a close up of five PU cheerleaders.  I seriously had to avert my eyes, till the game resumed.

Some things never change over time.  LOL

42 minutes ago, Dr. Jones said:

Do you think the extra week after the BTT will help them or will that be too long of a break?  I've seen long layoffs work both ways.

I just think they are shot.  The break might help but the fact is they have been struggling.  Me thinks they got "headworms".

14 minutes ago, rico said:

How many games in a row have they struggled in?  If I was a Boiler fan, alarm bells would be ringing.

I don’t think they struggled last night though. I think they played well especially with Edwards being out. Last night looked a lot more like the Purdue I saw earlier in the season. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I don’t think they struggled last night though. I think they played well especially with Edwards being out. Last night looked a lot more like the Purdue I saw earlier in the season. 

Sorry, but it aint to me.  But there is time to rectify everything.

10 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Don’t think they looked like that at all tonight actually. 

Seemed like Painter put and emphasis on transition again for the first time in a while. During the losing streak there was a lot of walking the ball up the floor.

teams usually have a strange boost the first game or two after losing an important player. Will have to see if that is sustained with a late season surge by a bench player like Eifert or if it fades to even more tired legs without Edwards.

1 hour ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

All I know is, I’ll have no confidence whatsoever when filling out NCAA brackets this year.  There’s not one team I’m sold on.  It’s going to be a free-for-all.  

It's been crazy, I'm starting to think this could finally be the year a 16 seed wins.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:31 PM, Seeking6 said:

Really solid win? Guess I should go back and find what people said when we beat PSU down 2 starters at the time. 

Mentally they needed that game, so yes it was.

Penn State has been a particularly tough out for teams hosting them this year.

I was sharing a brief thought about yesterday's game alone.

I guess since this is twice in a row from you , I should go back and find your last post implying something about what I say. 

How convenient. I found it : 

•  
  •  
  • jblaz13
  • Members
  • 265 posts
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:49 PM, Seeking6 said:

Awesome. Thanks for letting us know. How about you go 4-4 on negative slant. 

I was trying to find any logic for him being left off. It was really hard to dig up that much. I think him being left off would be a travesty , personally. 

I've never went 4-4 at anything . Don't give me false hope ;)

Edited February 9 by jblaz13

What gives, Seeking? 

Why Is it that you pick such a very small convenient sample size of my posts to imply upon? 

Now humor me here, because I feel like it's my turn to do a little respectful implying about I think you're coming from.

1. I'm a life long IU fan.  If having a family with as many ties to IU as my own has had I could say I was basically was born into the fan base. 

2. I've had and currently do have family and friends employed by Indiana University and several have (or have had) high access to IU FB and/or BB . 

3.I've had family and friends who played for Indiana University.

While none of this makes my point of view any different or any more/ less valuable than any other opinion that is obviously beside the point, but no less relevant to point out in this context

4. I do respectfully(for the most part) critique what I see of IU if and when I choose, and I'll keep doing it whether someone else tries to use it for their own personal narrative or not. You should hear the stuff I yell at the TV! 

I can go further but I think this makes it quite clear that if you're on some quest to question the support of some fans, it's been amusing, but I'm not amused anymore so perhaps it's time to start looking elsewhere. ;)  

Normally your recent trend would get a PM from me out of curiosity about what your problem happens to be?  However since you rarely have anything to say on my posts unless it is in a speculative or negative tone, and I probably read more of your posts than you do of mine, right out here in front of everyone is much more fun. 

What is it you're really seeking, and is what you've found so far worth it?  

So are you going to pretend you didn't read this now that you opened that can? My momma always told me not to waste what you open.

Carry on.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

They still have wins vs. Kansas, Texas Tech, Wichita St, USC, and swept TCU

Yep. They've also been swept by West Virginia, swept by Texas, losses to Iowa St, Kansas St....beat by both Arkansas and Bama. Understand all day your point. But eventually 11 losses with likelihood of 2 more should mean something. I think they keep moving themselves very close to that bubble. 

Archived