Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Sagamore said:

Got this in a text from Michigan buddy.  I think it is out of east lansing 

if true Izzo needs to go ASAP 

BB6C29C1-ECDD-4E3B-9DB4-A12078B8784C.jpeg

This could lend some credibility to the poster that said Henry was thinking about backing out of his commitment, not that I see a place for him at IU.  In the videos I have seen he is 6'5 post player, that works great in high school, not so much in the B1G.

22 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

This could lend some credibility to the poster that said Henry was thinking about backing out of his commitment, not that I see a place for him at IU.  In the videos I have seen he is 6'5 post player, that works great in high school, not so much in the B1G.

This is why you wait for the spring signing season.  Otherwise, you might end up at Sexual Assault U or Louisville.

I'm not sure what to think anymore of Izzo. Never have been a fan of the pass that Izzo has received. Both locally to Big 10 fans and nationally. Almost reminds me of a Bobby Bowden type. You make nice with the media and no one questions all the other stuff you know darn well that other coaches would get fired for.

Will say this though....I can't imagine him covering up anything as nasty as that story. Even though I don't like the guy...kind of hoping for college hoops sake this isn't true. With guys like Pitino/Calipari/Self and many others....we want to believe in guys like Izzo. Probably naive. Just the way I think/hope. 

8 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Somebody remind me wasn't there something Shady around him and Zach Randolph as well? I've never really thought that izzo was an upstanding character

Anyone within distance knew Randolph and everyone around him was a tad on the shady side. In my little opinion. He met someone that was ok with shady. With that said our former coach had a hand in recruiting him. Might have been instructed to do so. Who knows?

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone within distance knew Randolph and everyone around him was a tad on the shady side. In my little opinion. He met someone that was ok with shady. With that said our former coach had a hand in recruiting him. Might have been instructed to do so. Who knows?

And we have found the crux of the FBI issue.  All these guys were assistant coaches at one point and many were extremely ambitions and power hungry.  I have a friend who's brother spent time around 2 major programs, he is a devout Christian guy and basically said it wasn't worth his soul and got out completely.  

8 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

“If your school produced a first-round pick in the past three years, be worried.”

I think we have reason to be worried at this point.  Any damage will be mitigated by the fact that the cause of the damage is already gone, but still, it will be unpleasant.  

6 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I think we have reason to be worried at this point.  Any damage will be mitigated by the fact that the cause of the damage is already gone, but still, it will be unpleasant.  

What reason is that? Or are you suggesting OG's unknown 3 star status was paid for?

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

What reason is that? Or are you suggesting OG's unknown 3 star status was paid for?

Thomas Bryant wasn’t a first round draft pick but he was the kind of player who had potential going in to school. He and Vonleh and possibly Troy Williams and James Blackmon would be the ones I would think of if you told me there was some kind of trouble for IU. 

That being said, maybe Crean’s recruiting misses were connected to not being willing to play the game (lyles decommits, Brown switches to Miami at the last second, etc.) and so I have some hope that maybe IU has been doing it the right way.

Archived