Around the B1G/NCAA

2 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

Thomas Bryant wasn’t a first round draft pick but he was the kind of player who had potential going in to school. He and Vonleh and possibly Troy Williams and James Blackmon would be the ones I would think of if you told me there was some kind of trouble for IU. 

That being said, maybe Crean’s recruiting misses were connected to not being willing to play the game (lyles decommits, Brown switches to Miami at the last second, etc.) and so I have some hope that maybe IU has been doing it the right way.

The only recruit under Crean's watch that concerns me is Vonleh. Came out of nowhere. However we just lost Cody to draft. Had guaranteed playing time and Crean had shown how he used bigs and maybe that secured the commit.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, bstall76 said:

This could lend some credibility to the poster that said Henry was thinking about backing out of his commitment, not that I see a place for him at IU.  In the videos I have seen he is 6'5 post player, that works great in high school, not so much in the B1G.

I work with Henry's father and he has not said anything about him backing out of his commitment from MSU.  They were just up to E. Lansing for the game against PU the other day.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

What reason is that? Or are you suggesting OG's unknown 3 star status was paid for?

We've had recruits, besides OG, that fit the profile of what you'd expect to be a first round draft pick. It's pretty clear from your post you understand that it was a general point, not an absolute rule. So a first round pick like OG might not apply but a high level recruit that wasn't a first round pick might. 

Doesn't mean we are in trouble, just means at this point we have reason to worry. 

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We've had recruits, besides OG, that fit the profile of what you'd expect to be a first round draft pick. It's pretty clear from your post you understand that it was a general point, not an absolute rule. So a first round pick like OG might not apply but a high level recruit that wasn't a first round pick might. 

Doesn't mean we are in trouble, just means at this point we have reason to worry. 

Anyone that doesn't think Thomas Bryant fits the mold is fooling themselves.

14 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Anyone that doesn't think Thomas Bryant fits the mold is fooling themselves.

Most fans refuse to believe their favorite team would ever break the rules.  I’m sure even UK, Duke, and Kansas fans are telling each other they have nothing to be worried about right now.

27 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Most fans refuse to believe their favorite team would ever break the rules.  I’m sure even UK, Duke, and Kansas fans are telling each other they have nothing to be worried about right now.

Took a gander over at Rupp Rafters... the only kid they seem to remotely be worried about is Noel. In one of their threads one poster had a list of schools going to be impacted and they had Indiana listed... the rest of the forum blew that poster up but who knows ha. 

I imagine it was just a troll  either way. 

53 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

And Louisville says hello!!!!!!  LOL

25 minutes ago, Jacarcio said:

Took a gander over at Rupp Rafters... the only kid they seem to remotely be worried about is Noel. In one of their threads one poster had a list of schools going to be impacted and they had Indiana listed... the rest of the forum blew that poster up but who knows ha. 

I imagine it was just a troll  either way. 

I think every power conference school has a reason to be concerned.  Every last one of them.

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

I'm literally not worried about this at all

I'm not too worried either. I think the following quote from the article sums is the biggest take away for me: 

“My sense is that for a dozen years or so, agent funding of prospective student-athletes with professional potential … has been going on,” Brown said. “As has guiding those student-athletes to attend schools where agents felt like they had good relationships with the coaching staff."

The first part of that statement may apply to Vonleh and Bryant but I don't see how that would have any real effect on IU going forward. The second part would be more concerning if there were any indication that some (any) agents had a good relationship with Crean's coaching staff and were actually steering recruits toward IU. It seems most agents were busy steering players away from IU. While again Vonleh and Bryant being the biggest concerns in this area, both as I recall only picked IU after other schools recruiting them backed off or took other players. 

22 minutes ago, hoosierBGH said:

I'm not too worried either. I think the following quote from the article sums is the biggest take away for me: 

“My sense is that for a dozen years or so, agent funding of prospective student-athletes with professional potential … has been going on,” Brown said. “As has guiding those student-athletes to attend schools where agents felt like they had good relationships with the coaching staff."

The first part of that statement may apply to Vonleh and Bryant but I don't see how that would have any real effect on IU going forward. The second part would be more concerning if there were any indication that some (any) agents had a good relationship with Crean's coaching staff and were actually steering recruits toward IU. It seems most agents were busy steering players away from IU. While again Vonleh and Bryant being the biggest concerns in this area, both as I recall only picked IU after other schools recruiting them backed off or took other players. 

Based on what happened to Louisville...probably wouldn't impact anything going forward, but we may have to take down Bryant's B1G Championship.

13 hours ago, rico said:

Yesterday.  I went on an internet fact finding mission. To find out college players that signed with Andy Miller over the years.  Not saying none from IU.... however, I was unable to come up with any IU players who signed with Miller.

On 2/12/2018 at 12:02 PM, btownqb said:

Never watched a Purdue game and thought "damn, CE is really good, he could win BPOY"... Haas I've been impressed with and VE. I like Thompson's toughness. Never thought Mathias was that good either. 

Have you changed your tune about Carsen if you watched the game tonight? 

Archived