Around the B1G/NCAA

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree that he's a really good player. I think he could win it this year and not be a front runner next year to win it. It's really hard to win a Player of the Year award on a team that isn't at the top of the league. 

Yeah it’ll be interesting to see next year for sure. I think he absolutely has the talent and will still put up big numbers next year even with less around him. The guy can create his own shot with ease and can finish so well for a guy that’s barely 6’0 if that. 

I’m still baffled by btown’s comment. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UVA is up on Pitt 30-7 at the half !!! WTH!! LOL   

I thought someone forgot to play a bowl game for a minute there ;) 

Pitt is shooting an Antarctic 4% from the field , 7% from 3 .  4-5 from the FT line for 80% is their "saving grace". Their co- leading scorers  have dropped in a sizzling 3 points apiece thus far! hahaha!!! 

Surely this is in record low territory for a high major power conference team??? 

The All-HSN 3.0 team could probably beat Pitt by double digits today!!! 

1 hour ago, jblaz13 said:

Pitt is shooting an Antarctic 4% from the field , 7% from 3 .  4-5 from the FT line for 80% is their "saving grace". Their co- leading scorers  have dropped in a sizzling 3 points apiece thus far! hahaha!!! 

Surely this is in record low territory for a high major power conference team??? 

Crean to Pitt is a seriously possibility in my mind.  

34 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think that was a pretty bad T called on Awlkins to make it a two possession game in Oregon if anyone is watching that game. 

Loss at Oregon...Arizona begins it's season-ending death spiral.  I don't think Sean Miller coaches this team again.

15 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

Watching what Stallings has done to Pitt is almost like what Billy Clyde did to Kentucky. How in the world did Stallings last 17 years at Vandy? This tweet from Clay Travis was pretty funny....Vanderbilt getting Pitt to hire away Kevin Stallings was a complete steal, the Louisiana Purchase of college basketball.

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Watching what Stallings has done to Pitt is almost like what Billy Clyde did to Kentucky. How in the world did Stallings last 17 years at Vandy? This tweet from Clay Travis was pretty funny....Vanderbilt getting Pitt to hire away Kevin Stallings was a complete steal, the Louisiana Purchase of college basketball.

Actually I think TCU made the "Louisiana Purchase"!

35 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone else see Cronin cite Kentucky, Ville, and IU at his post game presser? Initially I thought it sounded like little brother......but after thinking a bit longer he's basically telling Cincy fans to be happy what you have. Not bad at all.

Elaborate.

54 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone else see Cronin cite Kentucky, Ville, and IU at his post game presser? Initially I thought it sounded like little brother......but after thinking a bit longer he's basically telling Cincy fans to be happy what you have. Not bad at all.

When you’re pissed off an AAC coach is taking shots at your program for no reason but then you realize someone at least thinks you’re still relevant

9295F0AA-E0EC-47A5-A445-3DEFCB048592.gif

58 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It’s kind of weird that he had the combined loss total of IU, UK and Louisville tee’d up and ready to go. 

Watching UCLA's replay against Colorado. McKinley Wright is a nice little player we could have really used at the point.  A bigger observation regarding UCLA:

I've never seen four guys stand around and watch the ballhandler more than UCLA does.  Team just oozes talent but they don't move and they don't share the ball. 11 assists the whole game reading the box score.  Lots of hero-ball...one-on-ones that rely on their superior talent.  Very little passing (2-3 passes) on many possessions.  Defense is mediocre as well. Colorado got a ton of good looks from the arc and Wright was able to drive and kick at will.  UCLA sags back and does not get in the passing lanes and not boxing out well on rebounds.  I don't know if this game is indicative of how they have played all season but considering their "OK, not great" record, I'd say at least some of these themes have been common this season.

A microcosm of the game...Wilkes drives to the hole and gets blocked.  No one picks up McKinley Wright who goes coast to coast for an uncontested layup while UCLA players stand and watch.  Alford can assemble talent, but he is terrible at maximizing the talent he gets.

As I type...another uncontested layup for Wright. Wow.  UCLA gets swept by a Colorado squad barely above .500.

Archived