Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Class move by Jordan Bohannon of Iowa last night. Had chance to break Chris Street's school record of consecutive made free throws. Missed on purpose. In a sport that is filled with all negative right now I thought it showed class and awareness.

Saw that. Really cool thing he did there. 

7 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Watching UCLA's replay against Colorado. McKinley Wright is a nice little player we could have really used at the point.  A bigger observation regarding UCLA:

I've never seen four guys stand around and watch the ballhandler more than UCLA does.  Team just oozes talent but they don't move and they don't share the ball. 11 assists the whole game reading the box score.  Lots of hero-ball...one-on-ones that rely on their superior talent.  Very little passing (2-3 passes) on many possessions.  Defense is mediocre as well. Colorado got a ton of good looks from the arc and Wright was able to drive and kick at will.  UCLA sags back and does not get in the passing lanes and not boxing out well on rebounds.  I don't know if this game is indicative of how they have played all season but considering their "OK, not great" record, I'd say at least some of these themes have been common this season.

A microcosm of the game...Wilkes drives to the hole and gets blocked.  No one picks up McKinley Wright who goes coast to coast for an uncontested layup while UCLA players stand and watch.  Alford can assemble talent, but he is terrible at maximizing the talent he gets.

As I type...another uncontested layup for Wright. Wow.  UCLA gets swept by a Colorado squad barely above .500.

Ironic in that , while a player at IU, Alford was known for his movement off the ball. He was constantly in motion setting up defenders and using picks to get open shots.

56 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Surprise surprise, Vandy lost. 

I get way too much joy from Vandy losses.

True story...in Nashville tonight on business and local guy at my table talking about how terrible Vandy is but saying "wait until next year...they got three 5-star recruits coming in!"

I looked at him and said "You're not getting Romeo."  He appeared a bit nonplussed...LOL...

If Oklahoma makes the tourney I give up. 2-8 over last 10. Canes shot was incredible. He had time to dribble another second for closer shot but pulled and bingo. Auburn loses 3 of last 4. Rhode Island loses by 30 home at home on senior night to St. Joe's...just another random Tuesday in hoops.

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

If Oklahoma makes the tourney I give up. 2-8 over last 10. Canes shot was incredible. He had time to dribble another second for closer shot but pulled and bingo. Auburn loses 3 of last 4. Rhode Island loses by 30 home at home on senior night to St. Joe's...just another random Tuesday in hoops.

Auburn's only big got injured.  They were already small (because they sat players with similar allegations to Bridges for the year) and now they're tiny.  That has as much to do with it as anything. 

35 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Auburn's only big got injured.  They were already small (because they sat players with similar allegations to Bridges for the year) and now they're tiny.  That has as much to do with it as anything. 

Just a random thought based on the "similar allegations" which I didn't even know about, but if the selection committee supposedly takes into consideration things like injuries, anybody got any ideas how they will handle "similar allegations" ? O.oO.o

4 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Just a random thought based on the "similar allegations" which I didn't even know about, but if the selection committee supposedly takes into consideration things like injuries, anybody got any ideas how they will handle "similar allegations" ? O.oO.o

Same way they handle "fake classes", maybe? 

Archived