Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Bummer 

Yup sure is a bummer to be a smellers fan.. poor guys just get so excited when they beat a 14 seed and a 7 seed with their starting center out.. sigh..obviously they don't experience success much. you still ordering those rings for second place??.. what happened just another shooting slump at the wrong time huh? No it's called defense! so much for this all time great Purdue team. Didn't win the big season title or the tournament and will finish the season off with an early exit in the tourney. Sad part for you is it's about to get a lot tougher real quick for the smellers with Archie at the helm. Sometimes little brother pops off and you gotta put him back in place. 

Think twice before you start talking smack on an IU board. 

10 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Yup sure is a bummer to be a smellers fan.. poor guys just get so excited when they beat a 14 seed and a 7 seed with their starting center out.. sigh..obviously they don't experience success much. you still ordering those rings for second place??.. what happened just another shooting slump at the wrong time huh? No it's called defense! so much for this all time great Purdue team. Didn't win the big season title or the tournament and will finish the season off with an early exit in the tourney. Sad part for you is it's about to get a lot tougher real quick for the smellers with Archie at the helm. Sometimes little brother pops off and you gotta put him back in place. 

Think twice before you start talking smack on an IU board. 

Isn’t a bummer at all. I’ve been a proud Purdue fan for a long time and that will never change. 

2 hours ago, JerseyHoosier said:

I'm so jealous of teams that have real point guards and centers. Watching this PU/Mich game just makes it so apparent how flawed our roster was this year, as if I needed a reminder. But good lord...it really can't be understated the impact of having guys with proper skill, speed, power, and size on the court together. 

Just think Belein was probably going to be our coach but Herbert wanted Sampson.

11 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Proud of what? Haha taking L's you guys have a long line of history for that! Especially those first round exit's deffinitly a Pusuck specialty. 

First round exits don’t happen often at Purdue actually but I’m proud to be a Purdue fan. I went there and I’m always proud to root for them. So what if they haven’t won the NCAA tournament? Doesn’t mean I can’t be a proud fan. Sure you guys have a great history but does that mean you get to be prouder than me? Please 

20 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

4/16 today.

Did he make a throat-slashing gesture at the crowd after any of his makes?

Ahh gotta love the one game sample size. Sure he had a bad game but the dude is one of the best players in the league. Even great players have off nights. 

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

First round exits don’t happen often at Purdue actually but I’m proud to be a Purdue fan. I went there and I’m always proud to root for them. So what if they haven’t won the NCAA tournament? Doesn’t mean I can’t be a proud fan. Sure you guys have a great history but does that mean you get to be prouder than me? Please 

Oh yeah, you had that first-round winning streak for X amount of years that no one outside of Purdue gave a rip about. Thanks for reminding me, I'd forgotten about that classic piece of trivia that makes Purdue fans what they are.

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Ahh gotta love the one game sample size. Sure he had a bad game but the dude is one of the best players in the league. Even great players have off nights. 

If you're going to troll us with a picture of him (against IU, no less) after a good game, I have every right to throw it back at you after a bad game.

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Oh yeah, you had that first-round winning streak for X amount of years that no one outside of Purdue gave a rip about. Thanks for reminding me, I'd forgotten about that classic piece of trivia that makes Purdue fans what they are.

Just telling 5 championships what the deal was. Purdue has a bad history in March but first round exits isn’t a big part of that. 

But glad to remind you. 

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

If you're going to troll us with a picture of him (against IU, no less) after a good game, I have every right to throw it back at you after a bad game.

Was simply looking for btownqb to admit he was wrong on one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard but I’ve given up on that ever happening. 

17 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yes it does, even my board name says so.....

15 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I'd rather be "proud" of a winner

22 hours ago, Drroogh said:

If I started a bracket at work, no one would know what I'm talking about. I do live in the middle of SEC football land.

Me too.  It's weird and sad isn't it?  At least I don't have to deal with obnoxious purdue fans here though.

1 minute ago, CapnRon said:

Me too.  It's weird and sad isn't it?  At least I don't have to deal with obnoxious purdue fans here though.

Believe it or not, my prior boss down here is a Purdue Grad! Thankfully, he was originally from Michigan and didn't care about Basketball!!

Archived