Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

Thanks for the link.  I really can't agree with the author's belief that Purdue is built for a FF run.  They haven't played their best basketball in over a month and weren't overly impressive in the BTT.  NCAA runs generally go to the teams that are either far-superior talent-wise, or those that are hot going into the tourney.  Purdue is neither and Michigan is on a roll right now.  It doesn't mean they (PU) can't regroup and get it going, but that's not a given and the stupid one-week layoff won't help either.

To me the extra layoff helps Purdue big time. Gives a veteran team a chance to catch their breath, heal lingering injuries and remember they are a pretty good team. With that said....they haven't shown me anything over the last month that says Final 4 at all. Sweet 16 max based on how they've been playing. 

Michigan is playing really well but all it takes is one cold shooting day. So many unknowns. Right now the only teams I really, really like are probably Nova, Sparty (even with loss in Big 10 tourney), and Duke. Those are the only teams I see that can overcome bad seeding during first 2-3 games. 

46 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

To me the extra layoff helps Purdue big time. Gives a veteran team a chance to catch their breath, heal lingering injuries and remember they are a pretty good team. With that said....they haven't shown me anything over the last month that says Final 4 at all. Sweet 16 max based on how they've been playing. 

Michigan is playing really well but all it takes is one cold shooting day. So many unknowns. Right now the only teams I really, really like are probably Nova, Sparty (even with loss in Big 10 tourney), and Duke. Those are the only teams I see that can overcome bad seeding during first 2-3 games. 

Agree with almost everything you say.  I don't think much of Duke's chances of getting to F4 as their defense is not very good. 

3 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

But the committee will give Duke the easiest possible road to the Final 4, as usual.  

Yep. Charlotte for Round 1 and 2. 2 seed in South opposite of Virginia. Go through Atlanta. Virginia will get beat in round 2 by a team like Va Tech or Butler and Duke's path will be easy as always...haha.

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Charlotte for Round 1 and 2. 2 seed in South opposite of Virginia. Go through Atlanta. Virginia will get beat in round 2 by a team like Va Tech or Butler and Duke's path will be easy as always...haha.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

If this is close to being right then Purdue would have a good chance to go to the elite 8 at least.

3 hours ago, hoosierBGH said:

Heck, if the threes aren't falling they may not make it past the first round game. 

They won't lose in the first round. They'll get some midmajor with no size who will crap their pants the minute they see Haas, who will probably get like 10 dunks. Plus, they don't lose first round games, remember? Until a few years ago they had a long first-round winning streak (which is about the most Purdue thing ever).

If I had to bet, they'll be in the weakest region, just like they've been the past two years.

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

They won't lose in the first round. They'll get some midmajor with no size who will crap their pants the minute they see Haas, who will probably get like 10 dunks. Plus, they don't lose first round games, remember? Until a few years ago they had a long first-round winning streak (which is about the most Purdue thing ever).

If I had to bet, they'll be in the weakest region, just like they've been the past two years.

Hopefully it's not Arkansas Little Rock...

22 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Just another stupid decision by CBS. Two years ago it tried unveiling a region then discussing that region before going to the next region and that failed.

On 3/6/2018 at 10:19 AM, Seeking6 said:

UVA isn't going to lose in the second round this year. 

Archived