Around the B1G/NCAA

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I was just getting ready to edit and say unless you're Purdue. 

But by all that logic we'll never make the tourney again, let alone win one. 

May I remind you that UVA has the same exact FF appearances as Purdue.  

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

How could it? Different players for each team, different coaches. 

I thought TB was the coach there for 50% of those losses. Did they lose all of their players from last year? Psyche in sports does mean something. At least I think it does. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I thought TB was the coach there for 50% of those losses. Did they lose all of their players from last year? Psyche in sports does mean something. At least I think it does. 

Did they play with the same players every year? Did they play against the same players every year? How did the eagles win the SB this year? They hadn't made the playoffs in awhile. They might get beat in the 2nd rd again.. but it'll have nothing to do with prior years of they do.

2 hours ago, rico said:

May I remind you that UVA has the same exact FF appearances as Purdue.  

Like Purdue, they happened 35+ years ago-- probably when the parents of the kids playing now were in college. 

Not sure that kids today could even YouTube the games from back then 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

They've lost in the 2nd round 50% of the time the last 4 years. Hard for me to speak in absolutes like that with Virginia.

Anything can happen but they're being sold extremely short by many. They are the great team everyone says this season doesn't have. Have you watched them much?

26 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Like Purdue, they happened 35+ years ago-- probably when the parents of the kids playing now were in college. 

They'd see some short shorts if they did!

Just now, FKIM01 said:

They'd see some short shorts if they did!

I could have sworn that a couple of kids on Michigan had shorter shorts last weekend. Poole and Livers, maybe 

13 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

It just dawned on me.  The last time Purdue made it to the FF they beat us to get there.  The same thing holds true with UVA.

46 minutes ago, madmax said:

Watching Mckinley Wright now for Colorado makes me >:(

I have a great deal of respect for Archie not trying to poach Wright from his old school, but yeah...kid is better than his ranking.  I'm starting to think most ratings systems underrate smaller guards almost across the board.

22 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I have a great deal of respect for Archie not trying to poach Wright from his old school, but yeah...kid is better than his ranking.  I'm starting to think most ratings systems underrate smaller guards almost across the board.

Hopefully RP will be the next McKinley Wright

Just looking at the current NIT bracketology that was updated yesterday and IU is now off the list as a potential 7th seed. They are currently listed in a group below as being seriously. Does anyone know who still needs to loose for IU to get put back into the NIT bracketology, or is it all over for post season play?

13 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Just looking at the current NIT bracketology that was updated yesterday and IU is now off the list as a potential 7th seed. They are currently listed in a group below as being seriously. Does anyone know who still needs to loose for IU to get put back into the NIT bracketology, or is it all over for post season play?

It’s over. 

54 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I wonder what the selection committee will do with Middle Tennessee St.  they were ranked but lost in the first round of their conference tournament so if they don't make I that will be another NIT slot gone.

Yep. And Bilas has been saying this all day long. MTSU gets beat and probably heads to NIT. Alabama gets another chance, beats Auburn....and now bumps a team like MTSU or others out. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I wonder what the selection committee will do with Middle Tennessee St.  they were ranked but lost in the first round of their conference tournament so if they don't make I that will be another NIT slot gone.

It's an NIT spot gone either way. 

Archived